fbpx

Reply: Can you help me figure out what the correct answer is and WHY?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Can you help me figure out what the correct answer is and WHY?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 6 months ago #11771

Aung Sint

Questions are quite clear (unambiguous) which formula to use.

For me, during my preparation, the EAC questions are a bit confusing because you got 4 formulas to decide which one to use, and look for the key word or clue for the correct formula to apply.
6 years 6 months ago #11747

Anonymous

's Avatar

Aung Sint wrote: Dear Monique,

Thanks for your reply. :)

When I took the exam, all formula questions are very straight forward - as long as you remember which formulas to apply.

As part of my test-taking strategy, I put all long, wordy questions and calculation questions to be the last to answer. Just see which strategy works for you.

Good luck with your preparation!

Hi Aung Sint/Everyone,

Could you please advise why you chose the formula for PERT/Weighted average over simple average? The question didn't mention the use of the PERT method and hence I am a bit concerned to understand if we should by default use the PERT formula over the simple average (triangular) formula on the exam if the method is not specifically mentioned?
6 years 7 months ago #11595

Aung Sint

Dear Monique,

Thanks for your reply. :)

When I took the exam, all formula questions are very straight forward - as long as you remember which formulas to apply.

As part of my test-taking strategy, I put all long, wordy questions and calculation questions to be the last to answer. Just see which strategy works for you.

Good luck with your preparation!
6 years 7 months ago #11592

Monique Maxmillion

's Avatar

Aung, you are right!! This PMP question was taken from Career Academy PMP question bank..

But, do you think this type of question will ever be on the PMP... I finally see now why answer C!!

7.33+3(.667)=9.331 months
7.33-3(.667)= 5.329 months
6 years 7 months ago #11591

Andrew

's Avatar

Where did the power of 2 come from?
I've only ever seen the SD formula as
P-O/6 www(dot)pmpmath(dot)com/sd(dot)php

Also the square of 1.33 is 1.7689 not 0.444.

Can you help me understand where your numbers came from?
6 years 7 months ago #11590

Aung Sint

Dear Charl,

Would like to point out that the sigma (standard deviation) formula that you are using is not correct: it should have been (P-O)/6. Secondly, by squaring the sigma (standard deviation), you are actually getting variance.

Other than that, I'd agree with your thought process. :)

Would like to know what other "experts" think of this one. Any suggestions are welcome!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login