Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Project Risk Management Help

Project Risk Management Help 3 years 2 months ago #11134

• Nicholas Ablett
  • Nicholas Ablett's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello, I am working through the PMBOK and have reached section 11.4.2.2, modelling and simulation. I understand the concept of what they trying to show however, not the math. Using the data they provide and the formula for probability of the mode on a cumulative curve (c-a/b-a) I arrive to 27% instead of 12% as in the PMBOK.

Am I making a mistake with my logic?

Project Risk Management Help 3 years 1 month ago #11280

• Steven Mudrinich, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
Nick,

Don't get too far into the weeds here, there won't be any complex math required on the exam involving modeling and simulation. Simply understand the concepts and you will be fine.

- Steven
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Wolverton
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPGabriella Dellino, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinAmy MartinezEmily Rivera, PMPLisa Sweeney PMPHarry ElstonMani SelvanDenver MartinEric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMPSarah FucciThiago França, PMP®Felix Kamanga, PMPChan RampersaudElena MekhanoshinaKyle Kilbride, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login