fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: CLARIFICATION ON ENHANCEMENT,PROJECT AND OPERATIONS

CLARIFICATION ON ENHANCEMENT,PROJECT AND OPERATIONS 6 years 8 months ago #11119

• Taiwo
  • Taiwo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Please i want to know if the scenario below is a project or an operation.

on a software application the following actions were carried out

(1) patches were applied to a fix a bug noticed on the application .

Question : can the addition of patch be considered as a project or an operation

(2) A client requested for an enhancement that will lead to adding some features that were not previously available on the application.

(i) A telephone conference and several mails were exchanged with the OEM(the company that developed the application) for them to understand the requirement .

(ii) the OEM eventually charged for the services they will render to provide the enhancement

(iii) since a new component will be added to the application,testing and quality team were involved to check that the applications will be working after adding the enhancement.

(iv) a UAT was raised and the changes was approved by CCB before deploying to live environment

Question :Can the scenario described from 2 (i) to (iv) . be considered as a project or operation .Note the enhancement is an addition to an existing product .

CLARIFICATION ON ENHANCEMENT,PROJECT AND OPERATIONS 6 years 8 months ago #11125

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
regarding to point 1, it depends on the case, sometimes bug fixing and applying batches can happen in projects as part of the delivery phases. but most commonly it falls under support operations.

regarding point number 2, it is considered a Change request which falls under projects categories not operations.
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login