Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Practice Standards: do we need to study them ?

Practice Standards: do we need to study them ? 3 years 3 months ago #10963

• Tom Robbrecht
  • Tom Robbrecht's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello,
I'm currently in my final study week towards taking the PMP exam (scheduled 6/23) and I came across a few mock questions regarding PMI's practice standard for WBS.
I looked into this and found that PMI actually publishes a whole range of Practice Standards.
In how much detail should I expect questions regarding these standards on the exam ?

Thanks,
Tom

Practice Standards: do we need to study them ? 3 years 2 months ago #10991

• Michael DeCicco
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 39
Tom, I don't recall any study prep that demanded attention to the actual Practice Standard. I downloaded the booklet and probably glanced at it or sought a clarification perhaps on my understanding of the WBS, but overall, it did not play a role in my studying four years ago. Since then, I have seen many study road maps and none of them include the Practice Standard, and I would recommend you use it as a reference, but continue the prep with your other material. If you're averaging 80% by now, you should be ready.
Yours Respectfully
Michael DeCicco, PMP
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Wolverton
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPGabriella Dellino, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinAmy MartinezEmily Rivera, PMPLisa Sweeney PMPHarry ElstonMani SelvanDenver MartinEric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMPSarah FucciThiago França, PMP®Felix Kamanga, PMPChan RampersaudElena MekhanoshinaKyle Kilbride, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login