fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Exam in a week, please share any last minute advice

Exam in a week, please share any last minute advice 6 years 10 months ago #10716

• Harsha Konreddy
  • Harsha Konreddy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,

I have been preparing for PMP exam for the last three months. I used PM Prepcast, Rita's and PMBOK for studying and relied on PMP Exam Simulator for evaluation. My scores from three practice exams is 83%, 86% and 83%. Going through the discussions in this forum, the scores look okay. However, I started feeling a little nervous as my actual exam is around the corner (next week).

Please provide some tips on where should i focus my effort more at this stage. Is the actual PMP exam's difficulty level similar to that of practice exams in Simulator?

I am planning to take 2 more practice exams before sitting in the actual PMP exam.

Regards,
Harsha

Exam in a week, please share any last minute advice 6 years 10 months ago #10717

• Kevin Nason
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Harsha

I found the exam questions to be very similar to the questions I came across in the PrepCast Simulator. One of the biggest pieces of advice I can give you is to make sure you shut it down the studying the day before and get a good nights sleep. My exam was at 9:30 in the morning and I stopped studying about Noon time the day before. I went to the gym and took a quick run, made sure I stayed hydrated and got a good nights sleep that night. I drove to the test site and got there earlier than I expected, i wanted to make sure I got there in plenty of time for the check in and such. I actually took a quick walk around the parking lot, and I will admit, before I went into the test center I took a quick review of my Brain Dump sheet.

Based on what you posted you look like you are in good shape! Think positive and Good Luck!!

Kevin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Harsha Konreddy

Exam in a week, please share any last minute advice 6 years 10 months ago #10767

• Steven Mudrinich, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Harsha,

At this point you should be reviewing the fundamentals and ensuring that you are mentally and physically prepared for testing. There should not be much more left to learn. I would highly recommend that you travel to your test center ahead of exam day so you know exactly where it is, how long it takes to get there, and if it has a suitable climate for you. It will pay dividends on exam day to have the confidence you know exactly where you are going in case something goes wrong. Good luck!

- Steven

Exam in a week, please share any last minute advice 6 years 10 months ago #10782

• Harsha Konreddy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you Kevin and Steven for your valuable inputs. I visited Prometric and figured out ID requirements and parking options - had i not paid this visit, I might have freaked out on the exam day (test center was a little concealed and the parking is allocated across the street).

I have a question regarding the Exam software. Does the actual PMP exam allow us to filter "Marked" or "Unanswered" questions just like the Simulator?

Thank you,
Harsha

Exam in a week, please share any last minute advice 6 years 10 months ago #10787

• Kevin Nason
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Harsha

I took the exam a little over a year ago, and at that point in time the simulator was very close to the exam simulator. The actual exam software is very easy to navigate and intuitive from what I remember.

Good Luck!!
Kevin

Exam in a week, please share any last minute advice 6 years 10 months ago #10788

• Tracy Shagnea, PMP
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 46
Harsha,

Yes, it allows filtering and is, overall, quite simple to use. When I took the test last April I used the ability to mark a few questions that I wanted to go back and review if I had time and I used the filtering functionality to get back to those marked questions. It's really quite easy/obvious how it works once you get into it. Of the many things that we all worry about when anticipating taking the exam, this needn't be one of them!

Best of luck!

Tracy
Forum Moderator
PMP, CSM, M.S. Management

Exam in a week, please share any last minute advice 6 years 10 months ago #10811

• Harsha Konreddy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Yayy....I made it! Passed the exam with 2 P's and 3 MP's.

Thank you all for the encouragement and wishes.

Harsha

Exam in a week, please share any last minute advice 6 years 10 months ago #10812

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
Congratulations Harsha, well done.
please make sure to document and share your lessons learned in this forum: www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...exam-lessons-learned
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator

Exam in a week, please share any last minute advice 6 years 10 months ago #10828

• Harsha Konreddy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Ahmed. I will share my lessons learned.

Harsha
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login