fbpx

Reply: How Much Writing During the Exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : How Much Writing During the Exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 9 months ago #10774

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

Here is the link from their website, should you be interested in following up with them: www.prometric.com/en-us/for-test-takers/...a-practice-test.aspx

Best regards,

Tracy
6 years 9 months ago #10773

Jitesh

Thanks Tracy. I have contacted the center and they are actually changing locations after next week. They are setting up the new center this week and I'm currently planning to see the place in person this week. No one mentioned any type of test drive when I discussed my situation and reason for wanting to visit however.
6 years 9 months ago #10768

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

Jitesh,

The week prior to taking the exam I visited the Prometric center and did what they refer to as a "test drive" where I went through the check-in procedure and actually sat at the computer and did a mock test (it had nothing to do with the PMP exam, but rather allows one to become familiar with how it works). I believe it cost me $30, but it was well worth it. I had no surprises on test day due to any external factors. I don't know if your planned visit is of this nature, but it's worth considering. I consider it money well spent since I was already working against a deadline to take the exam and it definitely relieved the pre-test jitters a bit!

In any case, best of luck!

Tracy
6 years 9 months ago #10745

Jitesh

I appreciate the feedback. I'm visiting the new test center (they're moving next week!) this week to get a better idea of what my needs may be. I personally prefer not to get special treatment when at all possible. PMI does not make the process of requesting accommodations easy in regards to their requirements to get them. They seem to assume that one is under constant medical care, but sometimes when you have a permanent disability you see a medical professional as needed like most people. I'll have to make an appointment to see my doctor to get the necessary documentation. But I think it will be best to have any possible accommodations approved and not need them than to run into a problem, fail the exam because of it, and have to try and get them later.
6 years 10 months ago #10711

Kevin Nason

Cornelius

You hit the nail on the head with this statement " remember that you will be under a ton of stress during the exam" Given all the prep I did with my Brain Dump and practice exams on the day of the exam, time goes by MUCH faster than you expect. This is one of the key things I didn't expect when I prepared.

JItesh - I concur exactly on what Cornelius states. Other than my Brain Dump, I only wrote to double check my calculations.

Good Luck!
Kevin
6 years 10 months ago #10689

Cornelius Fichtner

Jitesh,

Personally I wrote out 2 pages of brain dump and then during the exam there were only a few "scribbles". For example I quickly jotted down all my in-the-head calculations on paper to verify that my math was right. I don't remember writing down much beyond that.

However, please remember that PMI recently changed the rule on the brain dump and you are now no longer allowed to write anything down before the clock starts ticking. Please review this article here for all the details www.project-management-prepcast.com/free...-pmp-exam-brain-dump -- so you can still use a brain dump but are not allowed to write it down before the exam clock starts.

Keeping this change in mind and considering your disability I would DEFINITELY start the process of requesting accommodation. Even if you now think that "it looks like I will be OK", remember that you will be under a ton of stress during the exam. Better be safe.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login