fbpx

Reply: Reading List For Videos

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Reading List For Videos

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 9 months ago #10833

PreppyBoy

Liner is not jumping from the front of the chapter to the back. This is how the topics within each of the videos are covered to avoid copywriter infringement. If you would have read the post by Mr. Fichtner before posting, you would have seen that.
6 years 9 months ago #10765

Steven Mudrinich, PMP

Prep,

The PrepCast follows a very linear interpretation of the PMBOK Guide and very clearly states which chapter of the Guide it is teaching for each lesson. In my opinion, it doesn't "jump around" but clearly tells you what it intends to teach. If you're looking for a textbook-style guide, there are many physical prepbooks in the market such as Rita or Aileen's guides.

- Steven
6 years 10 months ago #10726

PreppyBoy

Hi,

Since the videos are supplementing the reading, the number code for the videos should reference where the information being covered in the video is found in the guide. Or, at the very least there should be some sort of key as to where the information is covered in the other resource. If you're essential saying a key is against copywrite law, then this course my not be for me.

You said Modules 1-3 align, but that’s not true. Below are two sequential lessons of yours. Yours 1.3, and the books. 1.7 where the content was in sync. The numbers are not the same, but whatever, it would have helped. Then the videos skip two chapters in the guide.

What I'm trying to indicate is that, for a new reader, there should be a note of this somewhere in a key or in the video, that the reader now on your own in the reading for two chapters. This is how all colleges teach a text book. This manner of jumping around only confuses the learning process, which should be smooth and uninterrupted, as I'm sure you know once you break concentration you lose a lot of productivity. Plus, it's just aggravating.

Your Video - L01.03.2_Interpersonal_Skills_of_the_Project_Manager_HR
PMP guide - 1.7.2 Interpersonal Skills of a Project Manager

(Skipped Chaperters in PMP Manual - Ch2,Ch3)

Your Video - L01.04_Business_Case_SOW_and_Charter_HR
PMP guide - 4.1.1 Develop Project Charter: Inputs
6 years 10 months ago #10725

Cornelius Fichtner

Ryan,

First of all I have to state that The PM PrepCast is not the "PMBOK Guide in Video". Instead it is a PMP Exam Preparation Course that is closely aligned with the PMBOK Guide. It follows the PMBOK Guide closely, but you will not find a 100% match.

The reasons for this are that the Guide is owned and copyrighted by PMI, so we cannot simply "record an video version". And secondly, the PMP exam is based on the PMP Examination Content Outline and the PMBOK Guide does not cover all the information required. So you will find additional material in our course that you need to know.

That much said, here is how things are aligned:
  • Modules 01-03 of The PM PrepCast are only very loosely aligned to Chapters 1-3 of The PMBOK Guide. You will find the necessary material covered by our course, but not in the same order.
  • Modules 04-13 of The PM PrepCast are closely aligned with chapters 4-13 of The PMBOK Guide. For example, lesson L05.01 matches chapter 5.1 of the PMBOK Guide very closely.
  • Modules 40-99 of The PM PrepCast include lessons learned and additional material not found in the PMBOK Guide but often found on the exam.

I hope that clarifies things for you.
6 years 10 months ago #10724

Ahmed Amin

would you please clarify with an example? what videos you watched, what chapter, what do you think was missing?
6 years 10 months ago #10686

PreppyBoy

Hi, I've become a little confused with this, and was hopping you could clear it up. I read the first chapter of the book, then watched your first set of videos, and noticed they didn't quite sync up. Your materiel jumps around and doesn't follow through with the book in a linear way. I learn by reading the materiel, and then watching it, which is why I signed up for this. The workbook didn't seem to bridge that gap for me. Do you have a summary of what sections of the book are covered in each of your videos so I could follow along in the reading beforehand?
Thanks

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login