fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMP Exam this past Friday

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMP Exam this past Friday

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 9 months ago #10841

Jennifer Rowan

Thanks Kevin... and do you think given I'm scoring 70-85 on the prepcast I'm in good shape? I write Thursday.. Argh!
6 years 9 months ago #10840

Sade ChaseMarshall

3 CPM
3 EVM

I would suggest practicing atleast 2 full 4 hour exams so that you get accustomed to the length of the exam and your test strategy. One of the hardest parts of the exam for me personally was forcing myself to concentrate on all 200 hundred questions. It's great thought you are scoring above 70% on the quizzes!

I'd also add that the reason why I left the CPM and EVM questions to the end is because those were the types of questions that I was the strongest at. I'd suggest that you become strong with those types of questions too since those would be quick and easy correct points to get on the exam. EVM - memorize the formulas, on the exam once you know the formulas, plug in the known values and solve for your unknown,-- shouldn't take more than 15 seconds or so. CPM - make sure that you can draw out your paths, FS (with the correct dependencies), and the correct number of dependencies as quickly as possibly.-- shouldn't take more than 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Good Luck!
6 years 9 months ago #10839

Kevin Nason

Jennifer -

When I took the exam a little over a year ago, there were 2 CPM, and 3 EVM questions. They were very similar to those types of questions that are on the simulator.

Good Luck!

Kevin
6 years 9 months ago #10837

Jennifer Rowan

Congrats Sade,
I intend to leave my CPM & EVM questions until the end to as I'm least familiar with those. I'm doing the PrepCast quizzes instead of the full 2hr exams and am scoring about 75-85% on average.. sometimes hire but not lower than 70.
Do you know approx how many CPM & EVM questions there are? A few each?
6 years 9 months ago #10777

Harsha Konreddy

Thank you Sade.
6 years 9 months ago #10758

Sade ChaseMarshall

I would say yes in the level of difficulty. When studying, make sure you understand the concepts and why a particular question is correct. I would say that there were less direct ITTO questions on the actual exam than in the simulations.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login