fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Passed the PMP Exam this past Friday

Passed the PMP Exam this past Friday 6 years 11 months ago #10589

• Sade ChaseMarshall
  • Sade ChaseMarshall's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I did not post on here (I was mostly a lurker) but I will say that this message board along with the simulation exams definitely helped me to pass the exam. I took about 3 exams on here with one exam score at 80%, and the other two at 74% and 75%. I used the exams to figure out my method of taking the exam (I'd mark approx. 50 questions to come back and review those, as well left any Critical Path questions, or EVM questions for the last 15 to 20 minutes of the exam). I also used the exams to figure out my gaps of knowledge and referred to both the PMBOK guide and Rita's while reviewing all correct and wrong answers on the practice exams. I also memorized the Knowledge Areas and their process groups, reviewed their ITTOs everyday while looking for patterns and understanding their connections rather than memorizing them. My results were MP for Initiating, Planning, Monitoring & Controlling and Closing, and P for Executing. Good Luck to those of you that are still studying, I wish you all the best of luck!

Passed the PMP Exam this past Friday 6 years 11 months ago #10595

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Congrats!
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sade ChaseMarshall

Passed the PMP Exam this past Friday 6 years 11 months ago #10615

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
Congratulations Sade, and may be it is time to actively participate in the forum ;) .
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator

Passed the PMP Exam this past Friday 6 years 11 months ago #10626

• Steven Mudrinich, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Congrats!

- Steven

Passed the PMP Exam this past Friday 6 years 11 months ago #10660

• Harsha Konreddy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Congratulations Sade..!!

Can you please tell us if the actual PMP exam questions are similar to the PM Prepcast Simulator sample questions (in level of difficulty)?

Thanks,
Harsha

Passed the PMP Exam this past Friday 6 years 10 months ago #10758

• Sade ChaseMarshall
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I would say yes in the level of difficulty. When studying, make sure you understand the concepts and why a particular question is correct. I would say that there were less direct ITTO questions on the actual exam than in the simulations.

Passed the PMP Exam this past Friday 6 years 10 months ago #10777

• Harsha Konreddy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you Sade.

Passed the PMP Exam this past Friday 6 years 10 months ago #10837

• Jennifer Rowan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Congrats Sade,
I intend to leave my CPM & EVM questions until the end to as I'm least familiar with those. I'm doing the PrepCast quizzes instead of the full 2hr exams and am scoring about 75-85% on average.. sometimes hire but not lower than 70.
Do you know approx how many CPM & EVM questions there are? A few each?

Passed the PMP Exam this past Friday 6 years 10 months ago #10839

• Kevin Nason
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Jennifer -

When I took the exam a little over a year ago, there were 2 CPM, and 3 EVM questions. They were very similar to those types of questions that are on the simulator.

Good Luck!

Kevin

Passed the PMP Exam this past Friday 6 years 10 months ago #10840

• Sade ChaseMarshall
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
3 CPM
3 EVM

I would suggest practicing atleast 2 full 4 hour exams so that you get accustomed to the length of the exam and your test strategy. One of the hardest parts of the exam for me personally was forcing myself to concentrate on all 200 hundred questions. It's great thought you are scoring above 70% on the quizzes!

I'd also add that the reason why I left the CPM and EVM questions to the end is because those were the types of questions that I was the strongest at. I'd suggest that you become strong with those types of questions too since those would be quick and easy correct points to get on the exam. EVM - memorize the formulas, on the exam once you know the formulas, plug in the known values and solve for your unknown,-- shouldn't take more than 15 seconds or so. CPM - make sure that you can draw out your paths, FS (with the correct dependencies), and the correct number of dependencies as quickly as possibly.-- shouldn't take more than 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Good Luck!

Passed the PMP Exam this past Friday 6 years 10 months ago #10841

• Jennifer Rowan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Kevin... and do you think given I'm scoring 70-85 on the prepcast I'm in good shape? I write Thursday.. Argh!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login