fbpx

Reply: PMBOK Free Download

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMBOK Free Download

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 4 months ago #15621

Anonymous

's Avatar

i have been a an it consultant for 30 yrs...frame rely..ATM..that not a bank mechanical device....pmbok guide is a pos..the only people that have it..try to teach those that already know how to swim....

i stated when i was at bell sygma ..we should use a VPN for protective use of the chidrens aid society that was back in 2000..the project manager..PMI certified asked what is a VPN...he over ruled us...i am a PMI..we changed the fibre optics anyway..opp were impressed...no kids got taken..yellow alerts got started..that POS..PMI..got the kudos for that project..wanna know why...could not find his butt with both hands and a flashlight...remember..TIME..COST.QUALITY..

Michael Bsc Msc not a PMP!!!!

read the PMbok book..the trouble is the PMP professional s hold it up to the holy bible..me I am a simple Engineer..KISS..keep it simple stupid
6 years 2 months ago #12832

Anonymous

's Avatar

I m very thankfull to you if u give me softcopy of that book as a favour......
6 years 10 months ago #10579

Jitesh

Rafael,

Glad you are interested in project management and the PMP certification. You will not find a free copy of the PMBOK Guide. However, a less costly alternative is to purchase a physical copy. Amazon sells them used and new for less than $40.

Also keep in mind 2 things:
1. There are minimum requirements to apply for a PMP in terms of the number of months you performed PM activity and hours. These will vary based on your education.
2. There will be an update to the PMBOK guide in less than one year, so the current guide is less costly than normal.
6 years 10 months ago #10469

Cornelius Fichtner

Rafael,

The cost of the PMP Exam is $555 for non-members and $405 for members. So as a PMI member you save $150. PMI membership on the other hand is only $139 plus you get a free copy of the PMBOK Guide (PDF). It makes financial sense for you to become a member.

Note that nobody says you have to keep your membership > 1 year...
6 years 10 months ago #10467

Rafael

's Avatar

Hi,

I want to study for the exam however I can't find a free PMBOK copy.

I understand that I can either join as a Member (~$160 per year) and download for free or buy a hard copy (~$200).

My problem is that today my function is not 100% PM and my only advantage as a member is to download the book, study, get certified and one day maybe profit more from the membership once I get a position as Project Manager or Program Manager.

Is there anyway to get a copy so I can focus on what's important for me now (study, study, pass)?

Rafael

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login