fbpx

Reply: Am I ready?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Am I ready?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 11 months ago #10535

Angela Ennis

's Avatar

I passed! I thought it was really hard! I received moderately proficient in initiating and planning, and proficient in executing, m&c, and closing. It took me the entire 4 hours and I went back and reviewed almost half of the questions at the end. I was surprised by the lack of EVM formulas on the test. I spent a great deal of time studying the EAC formulas and I cannot recall there being a single one. I would probably reduce the amount of time focusing on those in the future. If I could go back I would spend MORE time on PDM. I was not expecting there to be so many and I'm slow at putting the diagrams together. I got some good advice though ahead of time and saved all my network diagrams for the end and did those all at once. I also felt there was a focus on change management and when to put in change requests vs. taking action without. Also a lot of focus on picking out when to use the various 7 basic quality tools. I have a six sigma black belt which helped in this area. I began studying on Feb 2 and took the test on May 2. Probably studied on average about 1.5 hours per day however there were days when I would go for a stretch of 5 hours and then other days when I could not put any time into it. Everything they say about the ITTO's is true....probably not worth the time memorizing. I tried but was unsuccessful and then at the end focused on memorizing the main ITTO's for each process and fully understanding the concepts and purpose of each process. I read Rita M's book cover to cover several times and did not have to focus on memorizing the processes and groups. All kind of just sunk in. Also listened to a number of the prepcasts and completed about 1300 practice questions between the prepcast exam simulator and Oliver L.'s tests. Practice tests are definitely a must! The questions are hard to navigate and getting the practice in really helped.
6 years 11 months ago #10520

Ahmed Amin

I just saw your post now, but I presume you have already passed the exam now :)
please update us with your exam results and your lessons learned.
6 years 11 months ago #10434

Angela Ennis

Hi!

I scored 80-84% on first 4 pm prepcast exams, 91% on ITTO exam, 73% on Oliver Lehmann's 75 question test, and 81% on the 175 question test. Exam is scheduled for 5/2 (less than a week) and I still have 4 full days of studying I can complete.

For those who have taken the exam....do I appear ready?

Thanks!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login