Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Am I ready?

Am I ready? 2 years 1 month ago #10434

• Angela Ennis
  • Angela Ennis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi!

I scored 80-84% on first 4 pm prepcast exams, 91% on ITTO exam, 73% on Oliver Lehmann's 75 question test, and 81% on the 175 question test. Exam is scheduled for 5/2 (less than a week) and I still have 4 full days of studying I can complete.

For those who have taken the exam....do I appear ready?

Thanks!

Am I ready? 2 years 1 month ago #10520

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 72
I just saw your post now, but I presume you have already passed the exam now :)
please update us with your exam results and your lessons learned.
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator

Am I ready? 2 years 1 month ago #10535

• Angela Ennis
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I passed! I thought it was really hard! I received moderately proficient in initiating and planning, and proficient in executing, m&c, and closing. It took me the entire 4 hours and I went back and reviewed almost half of the questions at the end. I was surprised by the lack of EVM formulas on the test. I spent a great deal of time studying the EAC formulas and I cannot recall there being a single one. I would probably reduce the amount of time focusing on those in the future. If I could go back I would spend MORE time on PDM. I was not expecting there to be so many and I'm slow at putting the diagrams together. I got some good advice though ahead of time and saved all my network diagrams for the end and did those all at once. I also felt there was a focus on change management and when to put in change requests vs. taking action without. Also a lot of focus on picking out when to use the various 7 basic quality tools. I have a six sigma black belt which helped in this area. I began studying on Feb 2 and took the test on May 2. Probably studied on average about 1.5 hours per day however there were days when I would go for a stretch of 5 hours and then other days when I could not put any time into it. Everything they say about the ITTO's is true....probably not worth the time memorizing. I tried but was unsuccessful and then at the end focused on memorizing the main ITTO's for each process and fully understanding the concepts and purpose of each process. I read Rita M's book cover to cover several times and did not have to focus on memorizing the processes and groups. All kind of just sunk in. Also listened to a number of the prepcasts and completed about 1300 practice questions between the prepcast exam simulator and Oliver L.'s tests. Practice tests are definitely a must! The questions are hard to navigate and getting the practice in really helped.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasScott GillardMary Kathrine PaduaSteven Mudrinich, PMPCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJason YorekLuke HoSimone ChristieAmy MartinezDaniel DewartEmily Rivera

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
21-Jun-2019: Free PMP Exam Coaching Webinar with Dan Ryan Register Now...