fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: On the right track?/EVM Questions & Network Diagram Questions on PMP Exam

On the right track?/EVM Questions & Network Diagram Questions on PMP Exam 6 years 11 months ago #10353

• Shawn
  • Shawn's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello PMP's,

I have a few questions for all of those who have successfully passed the PMP exam. I am currently taking the PMP Mock exams in the PMPrepCast simulator and my scores are as follows so far..
1st Exam - 78%
2nd Exam - 72%
My first question is, am I on the right track? I am going through all the questions and reviewing, especially those marked wrong.

I am struggling a bit with Earned Value questions. How are the EVM questions on the exam? The one's in the simulator depict a spreadsheet with a schedule and asks you to read the graph and pick out the necessary information, are questions on the exam the same way or are they a bit more simple/ direct? Examples would help...

Also I have been reading the lessons learned section and every other person points out the tricky Network Diagram questions on the exam. Can someone pls provide examples or mock exams that would prep me for these types of questions? I have read that the ones in the simulator are not similar to the ones in the exam

Thank you in advance for your time and clarification.

On the right track?/EVM Questions & Network Diagram Questions on PMP Exam 6 years 11 months ago #10369

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Shawn,

You are on the right track. You should definitely be focusing on the wrong answers but be sure to review the right ones as well. Both are important. Identify your weaker areas and press forward. I found the EVM questions on the exam easy compared to those in the simulator. I can only recall 4 or 5 on the actual exam. Most questions on the exam are situational. If you can understand and do the EVM questions on the exam simulator you will be well prepared for the actual exam. I think the same is true for the network diagrams as well. Answer as many questions as possible between now and the actual exam. Check the lessons learned forum for references to other mock exams that you can also take for practice.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator

On the right track?/EVM Questions & Network Diagram Questions on PMP Exam 6 years 11 months ago #10375

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you for your response. Do you know whenthe critical questions start popping up in the simulator mock exams? I have completed 2 exams but have only seen 1 critical path question.

Thank you.

On the right track?/EVM Questions & Network Diagram Questions on PMP Exam 6 years 11 months ago #10391

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
I don't recall the critical path questions coming up at any particular point. Just keep taking the mock exams and you will get them. I only recall maybe 2 critical path or schedule network diagram questions on the actual exam. Just be prepared to do a forward and backward pass and also be able to identify the critical path given a certain set of circumstances. The majority of the actual exam questions are situational. If you are diligent in taking the simulator exams and following up each exam by reviewing your right and wrong answers and then studying your weaker areas you will be fine.

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login