fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Question about control project stakeholders

Question about control project stakeholders 6 years 11 months ago #10249

• Stephen Simpson
  • Stephen Simpson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,
Some of the small details in the PMBOK guide do not seem to be perfectly logically consistent. I was wondering if the issue is my understanding is lacking or if these inconsistencies actually do exist.

I understand that the control stakeholder management has to do with evaluating the effectiveness of your stakeholder management and should lead to and improved management plan and more effective communications.

But I noticed that one of the outputs of the control stakeholder engagement process is project management updates where you might update the issue log. Why is this a part of a control process and not a natural outcome of the management process?

In a similar way, one of the outputs of the control stakeholder engagement is change requests. They specifically talk about things that might bring future performance of the project back in line with the project management plan. Why is this included here?

And finally. another output is project management plan updates. The control stakeholder engagement includes the possibility of changing any part of the project management plan including say, the schedule management plan. Again, what does this have to do with controlling stakeholder engagement.

What am I missing?

In the last chapters of the PMBOK guide I frequently think that some of the inputs and outputs could be blurred in with what could be part of other processes. The blurring seems to be minor, but it does seem to be confusing.

Thanks so much.

Stephen Simpson

Question about control project stakeholders 6 years 11 months ago #10286

• Sameh Elgendy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
for control stakeholder engagement, what we need to accomplish is to make sure that our methods of managing and engaging stakeholders are effective and help to ensure project success.
as some of these stakeholders are team members some conflicts in work may arise and you need to rewsolve them and all these are documented in the issue log,and as you succeed in resolving these issues you are actually doing two tasks
  1. managing stakeholders engagement

2. manage project team
so as the problems resolved, you need to update the issue log to reflect what you have done and what kind of actions you took
also,if you find that some of your methods in managing stakeholders in order to make sure they are not affecting your project in a negative way is not good enough you need to change this method to a better one which may results in change request and automatically a change in stakeholder management plan which is a part of project management plan
moreover, this change is required in order to bring the project management back to align with its goal which is project success.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login