fbpx

Reply: PfMP and PgMP

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PfMP and PgMP

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 months 3 weeks ago #31091

Ernest Crawford

's Avatar

Hello Marta,

Do you feel like the Jean Gouix material prepared you better for the PgMP Exam in terms of question structure and content?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks...Ernest C.
6 years 4 months ago #12435

Marta Zalewska

Passed PgMP on first attempt on Monday, 13 NOV 2017

I fully agree that it seems there is not a lot of materials/trainings /simulators out there for a candidates.
Here is what I used:
1.PMI: The Standard for Program Management by PMI (SPM V3), Exam Content Outline (ECO), Handbook.
2.PgMP Exam Preparation and Study Guide – Second Edition, Jean Gouix and Martial Bellec. This book contains one mock test with 170 questions which are good example of what you can expect on a real exam.
3. Trainings and Mock Tests. This is where the straggle begin I believe...
I took training available on Udemy from Mr. Leithy Mohamed Leithy. I also took mock tests from this supplier.

Materials available out there, but I did not use:
1. Linkedin group: PgMP Practice Questions & Answers owned by Dr. Ginger Levin:
This subgroup is for people to ask questions about questions they may have as they prepare for the PgMP and for other group members to try to answer them.
2. Linkedin group: PgMP Credentialed Networking Group (discussions, lessons learned).
3. Mr Harisha Lakkavalli is starting online PgMP prep course from 18 Nov 2017 (don’t know the details, take a look at linkedin).

I can confirm that being PgMP certified feels like a great accomplishment.
I’m also PMP, and PMI-ACP certified and I cleared both exams on first attempt using PrepCast and Simulator created by Cornelius and his team.

I and I have to say that it felt almost like a luxury to have such professional materials available to prepare myself for both exams.
While preparing for PgMP, I missed that a lot...

Take care and I wish all the very best of luck to anyone who wants to take a chance with PgMP. I highly recommend it! :)
6 years 6 months ago #11927

Ahmed Amin

I don't have such information, but please when you find something useful, keep us updated it will be useful to everyone.

Good luck
6 years 6 months ago #11900

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hi Max, have you had any success in tracking down training for the PgMP or PfMP? I took the exam and did not pass and utilized only the resources I had such as the PgM Std., manuals on the PgMP exam, and practice exam but cannot find any training or boot camp to cover the areas I need to improve on. I agree with you regarding the market for this exam. At LIM, I asked REP's if there were any training in class or online for the PgMP and most say there is no market for it because not many people get it. I found the exam to be the hard professional exam I've ever taken, harder that the P.E. or PMP exams.
6 years 11 months ago #10242

Max

's Avatar

Hi everyone,

I wonder whether anyone knows any useful resources for preparation of PfMP or PgMP exams? I support this forum does not cover these two exams. Nor does it seem they are as popular as PMP but I wonder if anyone could suggest any good book (apart from a formal textbook supplied by PMI) maybe similar to Rita Mulcahy but related to PfMP or PgMP?

Cheers

Max

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login