fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Possible Wrong Answer in Self-Assessment for Project Management Processes

Possible Wrong Answer in Self-Assessment for Project Management Processes 7 years 2 weeks ago #10241

• Jitesh
  • Jitesh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi. Apologies if this has been posted before, but the search does not appear to be working for me to find it.

In the lesson 3 self-assessment, question #9 asks:

Who is responsible for determining which processes are appropriate for a project as well as the appropriate degree of rigor required for each process?

The correct answer is stated to be "The project manager and the project team". I believe the answer should be "The project manager".

The explanation cites the PMBOK Guide, which states:

For any given project, the project manager, in collaboration with the project team, is always responsible for determining which processes are appropriate, and the appropriate degree of rigor for each process.

I read this to indicate the PM is responsible, but collaborates with the project team. It also does not make sense to have more than one person responsible. I think there are many instances where the PM would collaborate and consult others, but ultimately they are responsible.

I know this is just an assessment and I'm not certain if this is intended to also be a sample exam question, but some clarity would be appreciated. Thanks!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login