fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP certification

PMP certification 14 years 7 months ago #561

• Dominique Kavuisya
  • Dominique Kavuisya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I just registered for PMP certification and I have pmprecast.
The question is, on average how long does it take to listen to the whole precast since I saw there are more than 100 lessons alltogether?
Again what is the appropriate duration to prepare adequately for the exam, I don't want to be extremely aggressively, I was thinking of two months because I will have vacation of 4 weeks and will be travelling out.
Also let me have tips on best ways of preoaring for the exams.

Thx.

Re:PMP certification 14 years 7 months ago #573

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Dominique,

I prefer to answer a different way: My recommended study approach is that students study 1 knowledge area per week. In depth. This will give you a solid understanding of the concepts. This will avoid that you are simply memorizing the information but that you instead focus on learning "how and why" things are happening.

In the long run, this is more helpful to your career as a project manager than simply learning the facts by heart.

Therefore... expect a minimum of 9 weeks of study.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Re:PMP certification 14 years 7 months ago #575

• Dominique Kavuisya
  • Dominique Kavuisya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thx Cornelius,
One last thing, from the Directory of the podcasts, they are not grouped into the five areas/categories, could you kindly give me a breakdown of knowledge areas,i.e. what podcasts belongs to a certain knowledge area that I need to tackle weekly as you suggested earlier.

Thx for prompt response.

Re:PMP certification 14 years 7 months ago #580

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
The PrepCast videos are not grouped by process groups. They are, however, following the Knowledge Area breakdown (sort of). Look at the number of the episodes EXX.xx and you will find the following:

E00 - E03 Introduction and PM basics
E04 - E12 PMBOK Guide Knowledge Areas / chapters.
E80 Applied Concepts
E90 PMP Exam admin and background
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login