fbpx

Reply: PMP eligibility

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP eligibility

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 2 months ago #9389

Cornelius Fichtner

Devi,

PMI has clear requirements that you must fulfill. These are outlined in the PMP Handbook www.pm-prepcast.com/pmphb on page 6. If you have a bachelors degree, then they say that you need the following:

Minimum three years/36 months unique non-overlapping professional project management experience during which at least 4,500 hours were spent LEADING AND DIRECTING the project.

They also say that:

Leading and directing the project as identified with the tasks, knowledge, and skills specific in the Project Management Professional Examination Content Outline

So if you have a bachelors and also 4,500 hours of leading and directing the project, then you are OK. But if your hours are mostly as a "project contributor" then you do not qualify for the PMP.

Here is how you can determine if you qualify. Please open the PMP content outline www.pm-prepcast.com/pmpoutline and read all the tasks starting on page 5. If you can honestly say "Yes -- I was responsible to lead and manage these tasks" then you are OK.
7 years 2 months ago #9387

Devi

's Avatar

New year wishes.Thanks much for your reply.

I have 9 years of work experience but not completely into project management role experience.
Would like to emerge to that role for which am looking for PMP certification.

Somewhere I read 4500 hours of individual contributor in projects are also considered for PMP eligibility Is that not so??

Please help!!!!

Thanks
7 years 2 months ago #9385

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL's Avatar

Dear Devi,
Happy new year.
I believe your 2017 resolution is to be PMP? If yes, we are here to support you achieve your dream.
Yes, you are eligible. PMI requires 2 conditions: 1. Education, Master or bachelor with experience. As engineer you satisfy that condition
2. 4500 hours of project management experience. That is where you need to think about your involvement in any project (project according to PMI's principles).
Please read pmi.org, certification page for further details.

Best regards.
7 years 2 months ago #9384

Devi

's Avatar

Hello ,

Am an engineering graduate with 9+ years of IT experience. Would like to progress to a management role.Currently am pursuing my MBA in operations mgmt.Am i eligible to take up PMP.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login