fbpx

Reply: Conflict Handling Strategies

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Conflict Handling Strategies

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 3 months ago #9372

Ahmed Amin

Hi Housam,
yes your descriptions in the example are ok. if you are still confused, try to practice some sample exam questions.
7 years 3 months ago #9370

Housam Krema

Hi Everyone,

I got confused with conflict handling strategies , if we have two opinions (A & B) conflict each other and the PM (C) will will handle this conflict, based on my understanding there are all of the following possible scenarios , please let me know if I understood this subject correctly

A & B & C choose not to talk about this conflict ( This is avoid Strategy) = Not Solving the problem
A & B & C sit together to find a solution ( This is collaborative ) = Reaching best Permanent Solution & maximum level of harmony
C choose (i,e 50%) of A and (i.e 50%) of B ( This is Compromise ) = To balance between harmony importance and problem resolving needs
C Choose what is similar between A & B and leave the conflict area not resolved =>> to achieve the maximum level of harmony and minimize the impact of the problem
C Choose his opinion OR 100% of A OR 100% of B ( This is forcing ) = >> Resolving the problem has higher importance than the team members harmony

Many Thanks
Housam krema

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login