Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Diference between special and common cause

Diference between special and common cause 2 years 8 months ago #9116

• Henry
  • Henry's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Good day Dears,
Please i really need your help on this 2 phenomena i.e. Common cause & Special cause.
Even from the Wikipedia where i saw alot of attempted comparison and rather similar examples to each other, i still do not understand the plain concept of the 2.
I would be most grateful your kind revert with any layman explanation for me. Thanks alot and do have a fulfilled day meanwhile.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_cause_and_s...l_cause_(statistics)

Diference between special and common cause 2 years 8 months ago #9128

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Henry,

Here is a website link that I believe has a very good description of the differences between the two causes of variance. Hope it helps.

www.passionatepm.com/blog/common-causes-...riance-pmp-concept-5

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Henry ILO

Diference between special and common cause 2 years 8 months ago #9169

• Henry ILO
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks Mark, you are super
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasScott GillardMary Kathrine PaduaSteven Mudrinich, PMPCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinJason YorekLuke HoSimone ChristieAmy MartinezDaniel DewartEmily Rivera

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
Boost Your PMP Exam Prep in Only Eight Hours! Join the Live PMP Coaching Class on August 24/25 for just $179. Click to learn more... OR Click to watch a free session...