fbpx

Reply: My practice exam scores....should I be concerned?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : My practice exam scores....should I be concerned?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 3 months ago #9102

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Kelly,

I know what you mean. I struggled with that as well. Do utilize the statistics in the simulator that show how you have done in the different process groups or knowledge areas. That can provide some insight as to where to focus in the home stretch. Hang in there!

Cheers,

Mark
7 years 3 months ago #9099

Kelly Coughlin

Thanks for the reply Mark. The reason for my fluctuating scores is not because of lack of study or "slowing down". I find some of the questions on the simulation PrepCast exams to come "out of nowhere"; I.E, not from the PMBOK so unless you have been a PM for ever or have studied PM theory for 30 years, there is NO WAY you can know all the various topics outside the realm of the PMBOK (example: WBS Standards from PMI). So all I can keep doing is doing more practice simulation exams and checking every single answer right or wrong. One more week and a half and this hell is over! Cheers.
7 years 3 months ago #9095

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Kelly,

Your scores are in the same ballpark mine were when I was doing the simulated exams. Just keep working at it and be sure to review your exam questions each time. Review both the correct and incorrect questions. Study your weak areas and persevere. Finish the remaining unanswered questions if you have the time. Remember to give yourself some time to relax the day before the actual exam. You can do it!! Best of luck to you.

Cheers,

Mark
7 years 3 months ago #9094

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL's Avatar

Dear Kelly,
Please note that you are on a good track. Just do not lose concentration because you got to pick of 81% and you began dropping which Is not really good. Hope you are testing brand new questions? You need now to focus on your weak areas (KA or PG) and understand the tricks behind difficult questions. Also try other sources of mock questions to strengthen your knowledge and confidence.
Keep going and focus. Be smart and concentrated.

Good luck and take care of yourself.
7 years 3 months ago #9093

Kelly Coughlin

Hello gals/gals, these are my scores so far in the Prepcast simulation exams:

Exam 1: 70 %
Exam 2: 75.5 %
Exam 3: 81.5 %
Exam 4: 78 %
Exam 5: 76.5 %
ITTO: 74.5%

Overall I am feeling confident but still averaging about 50 wrong questions out of 200 on each exam. Let me know if I should step up my studying or just keep doing these exams. I write the exam on Dec. 22nd and gave myself next weekend to do the 6th (technically 7th if you include ITTO) exam and then that's it; just study a few more days before "Dday".

Thanks

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login