fbpx

Reply: Configuration management plan /Configuration system need urgent advice

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Configuration management plan /Configuration system need urgent advice

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 3 months ago #9383

Yani Esbe

Still confuse (looks this an IT industry term ...?).. :unsure:
I have similar questions :
- Is that change management is similar with the configuration management
Can you connect your explanation with Configuration control and change control ...?
Is that correct that configuration control and change control are part of change management/configuration management
What different both of configuration control and change control (what are final result)
Any sample in construction industry will be appreciated

Thank you
7 years 4 months ago #8994

Scott Gillard

The Configuration Management Plan details what types of configuration Items, which of the types of those items require formal change control and the actual Change Control process. It defines the Configuration Management system.
The Configuration Management system is then executed based on the plan. It is the process of actually identifying the configuration items, controlling and the tracking of changes to them.
Configuration items can be: Hardware, Software, Communications/Networks, Location, Documentation, People. You may have a CMDB at your employment? This is the database of configuration items your company is tracking. And you probably have a Change Management process that you utilize to track/control changes to them. This would be your company's Configuration Management System that is following your Configuration Management Plan.
7 years 5 months ago #8933

Hazem Ibrahim

My Exam is very soon and I failed to fill the gap in my knowledge regarding configuration management plan and configuration system .... definition and function . I tried to read it on the PMBOK but still I never answer related questions correctly...any advice?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login