fbpx

Reply: Difficult Questions

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Difficult Questions

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 4 months ago #8874

Cornelius Fichtner

Mer,

Please see here for a guide to the exam: www.project-management-prepcast.com/pmp-study-plan
7 years 4 months ago #8873

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL's Avatar

Dear Mer,

Hope you have your 35 PDUs for you to register for the test?
You need at least 2 materials, the PMBOK and precast complete tool. You need to go through the PMBOK 2 or 3 times at least and note key areas and concepts. After you have reviewed the tool of the PrepCast (video & flashcards) you can start using the simulator per KA from 20 questions to 30, 50 and 100. When you are good with the KA you can now take a full test (200) within the 4 hours and you monitor your score. You note your weak areas and try to correct. If you can get a score of 80-85% of correct answers for a new set of questions 3 to 4 times you are good to go.
You can also use Rita mccaulley book and other sources in addition.

Hope the above helps.

Best regards and good preparation
7 years 4 months ago #8870

Mer

's Avatar

hi all
I am going to take my PMP; I have no idea how to start,
can anyone help me, telling me what is the best way to study and how to practice the websites
Please
7 years 4 months ago #8860

Rahul Kakkar

Hi Bonnie,

Take a deep breath, we've all been there :)

I would suggest you not think too much about how to detect difficult questions, how to keep a track of them, and worry about your scores based on whether a question seems simple or difficult. Rest assured, as the passing score of PMP Exam is now based on “psychometric analysis”, candidates would get a higher score if they can answer the harder questions correctly and a lower score for the easier questions. This means that the harder questions are worth more than the easier questions. So, the minimum number of correct answers needed to pass the PMP Exam is determined by the overall difficultly of the exam. Therefore, when preparing for your PMP Exam, do not just rely on a single provider of PMP practice exams / exam simulator, as one might be unnecessarily way more difficult than the actual exam. It is more advisable to try questions from different providers in order to understand your strengths and weaknesses. Just focus on giving your best while answering a questions, the exam simulator will automatically adjust it's passing mark.
7 years 4 months ago #8856

Bonnie

I feel like I just got run over by a train in a 50 question test. Yesterday I did a 50 Q test and hit an 84%, today I did another 50, and got a 64%. It easy to tell when you have one of those difficult questions, this set of 50 seemed to have about 20 of them.
Question, do you guys track the difficulty level of questions. I've read that the PMP Exam actually does, and the questions are actually weighted so when the decision of pass or fail comes in it might make a difference. Just curious to know if you track the difficulty. That test was brutal. It was not like a surprise when I hit the score, i knew it would be bad, my only hope is that I'm getting better at guessing answers. But i guess not. You know the deal, usually you can quickly narrow the choice from 4 down to 2, with these questions you cannot even do that.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login