fbpx

Reply: Future Value Question

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Future Value Question

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 4 months ago #8897

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Kristin,

You are so kind. I am certainly no genius but I am very happy I was able to help. All the best to you in your exam studying and preparations. Be confident that you will pass!

Mark
7 years 5 months ago #8888

KBG

Mark, your a genius! It worked! $397,957.
I understand it was a difficult formula, but you never know!
And I don't want to rule anything out.
Thank you for your help :)
Kristin
7 years 5 months ago #8885

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Kristin,

Worst case scenario is that you can just take the resultant in the parentheses and multiply it by itself 20 times, in the case of your example. 1.035 to the 20th power is just 1.035 multiplied by itself 20 times. Not pretty but it would work. Not saying that it will not happen to you but I did not get any of these types of questions on my exam. Of course, you should plan for the possibility. I just wouldn't get too concerned about it. The majority of the questions are situational. I only had 6 or 7 questions on my entire exam requiring any calculation. Maybe I was just lucky.

Good luck to you.

Mark
7 years 5 months ago #8883

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Kristin,

If you really want to be sure what will actually be available for the test you should plan to visit the Prometric test center and ask them what is available. They should be able to show you the online calculator that will be used. Also, if you want a hand held calculator as well you need to specifically ask them to give you one. They will not freely offer it to you unless you ask.

Mark
7 years 5 months ago #8872

KBG

Based on previous discussion responses, the only way to calculate an exponent/ to the power for FV or PV is in scientific mode
on a calculator.
Can you advise how to do this in standard mode on a calculator.

Thank you.
7 years 5 months ago #8871

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL's Avatar

Hello,

I don't really think so. I am wondering why you need a scientific calculator? You will be given a small and physical calculator as well. Please go with the assumption that only the simple calculator will be available.

Best regards

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login