fbpx

Reply: Passed on my first attempt on 11/07/2016

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on my first attempt on 11/07/2016

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 4 months ago #8778

Rochelle Price

I test two weeks from today. The simulated exams are definitely helping me prepare!
7 years 4 months ago #8776

Michael Sumaquial, PMP

Congratulations Ann!

I also passed my PMP on my first try, and I have to thank PM Prepcast, PM Simulator, and other advice associated with the organization...Quality materials! :)
7 years 4 months ago #8775

Ann Marie Childs

Just so grateful for the PM PrepCast I honestly could have not passed without this product!

I started in the beginning of August taking Skillsoft courses which were offered by my employer. In addition, I was also reading the PMBOK book. When I took the Skillport test simulator I realized I was no where ready.
I than purchased and read Rita Mulchahy's PMP Exam prep. The book suggests that if you score lower than 70% on a chapter exam studying additional material - I had a few of those chapter tests less than 70% and wasn't sure where to turn to. That's when a colleague suggested the PM Prepcast. I started the Podcasts in September and began taking the simulators a few weeks later. I scored over 80% on all but 2 of the exam simulators. I read all of the Lessons Learned and the week before the exam went over the 2 exams where I scored in the high 70s and my grades greatly improved.
I also had the "PMP Exam Simplified" by Aileen Ellis and used that the last few weeks.
In addition I created index cards with the ITTOs and went over that every night for 1 month in addition to other notecards that I created.
This morning, went over the notecards once more, ate a high protein breakfast (prepared by my very supportive and loving husband :-)) an early lunch and a banana right before I entered the exam room.
It took me about 3 hours to complete the exam (simulators were about 2 - 2.5 hours). At the end I silently said a prayer and then hit submit and received my "Congratulatory" notice after completing the survey.
I can say that I believe the simulators were the key - to me the exam was a bit easier than the simulators.
Thank you Cornelius and all of the staff at PM PrepCast!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login