fbpx

Reply: Struggling with memorizing all the formulas

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Struggling with memorizing all the formulas

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 4 months ago #8708

Rochelle Martinez

Here is the correct link to the article: No More Brain Dumps During Exam Tutorial
7 years 4 months ago #8707

Kelly Coughlin

Yes, I was saddened to see this "news" and just makes my life that much more difficult. Oh well. This is indeed one tough nut to crack, but I'm determined and I find the secret to absorbing so much information is to keep nibbling away at manageable chunks. Like a mouse eating a huge piece of cheese.....eventually he will eat the whole thing.
7 years 4 months ago #8706

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Kelly,

Yes, it is hard work and memorizing anything is more difficult for some than others. Look forward to your better organization when you have successfully passed the exam and post your experience / lessons learned.

Also, please note the exam brain dump policy changes which Cornelius carefully documented in a recent post in the forum. You may want to adjust your brain dump strategy accordingly since you are now required to use actual exam time to make your brain dump. Here is a link to the article that Cornelius posted:
www.project-management-prepcast.com/free...-pmp-exam-brain-dump

Cheers,

Mark
7 years 4 months ago #8704

Kelly Coughlin

Thanks for the quick reply Mark. I'm slowly getting there, just takes real hard work in memorizing all these formulas. There is no easy way or shortcut. I found a better way of organizing the formulas than what was included in the formula study guide on this web site; once I pass my exam I will share with everybody. Cheers.
7 years 4 months ago #8701

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Kelly,

You could try flash cards to help you memorize the formulas. It is most important to understand how to use the formulas. Sometimes you might need to use multiple formulas to determine the answer. For the formula based questions, it is really important to look at what information you are given and what it is that you are asked to provide. Read through the entire question carefully first. Sometimes, you might think a formula / calculation is needed to select the right answer but it is not. However, you might need to know if a project is ahead/behind schedule or over/under budget given certain values for CPI or SPI. If you can do well on the formula based questions in the PM Exam Simulator then you will do fine on the actual exam. I found the PM Exam Simulator formula questions much more challenging and in depth than those on the actual exam.

I really wouldn't stress about this. The PM Exam Simulator is fantastic preparation. I am sure you will do fine. Best of luck to you!

Cheers,

Mark
7 years 4 months ago #8696

Kelly Coughlin

Hi guys/gals, I am having a hard time memorizing all the formulas as there are so many overlapping acronyms like BAC, CPI, SPI, etc. Does anybody have any tricks other than the obvious like memorizing the formula study guide? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm really stressing out about this !!!! I'm quite strong in all the other process groups. Cheers!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login