fbpx

Reply: Non Native English speakers

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Non Native English speakers

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 7 months ago #8285

Regina

's Avatar

I did not need it either, and from other colleagues who used the feature I heard that is costs a lot of time. Since time is an issue for a lot of people you should think carefully if it is worth it.
Additionally there are some "trigger words" that might actually help you with answering the questions (e.g. "High level xxx" -> Project Charter, not Project Management Plan) and that you might miss in the translation.
7 years 7 months ago #8279

Ahmed Amin

me myself is not native english speaker and I didn't need that language aid feature. if you do enough practice, you will not need it as well.
7 years 7 months ago #8261

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL's Avatar

Hi Ibrahim,

You are right. Non English native aspirants must carefully read the question and get the trick of English language before answering questions. I am a French native speaker and suffered with the English. But I advise students in this situation to prepare well with mock questions and identify the language trick before selecting their correct answers. Trying to link with your native language during the exam would be confusing and waste of time.

Best regards
7 years 7 months ago #8260

Hazem Ibrahim

For the Non English Native speakers whom have the opportunity to choose their native language as an aid language , I think that at the Exam you must refer back to your native language only when you believe that the word or the sentence you don't understand will directly affect your choise but if you are sure that you get the right meaning of the question no need for going back, however you have to balance your time or what are you think?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login