fbpx

Reply: PM process & knowledge areas

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PM process & knowledge areas

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 6 months ago #8203

Christian Winter

Hi Hazam, I did started with the knowledge areas chapter 5-13, then chapter 4. I won't mix up in the 2nd round and go by process group. For the 2nd round I suggest to always have the table 3-1 in front of you. It is important that you know to which process group and knowledge area the process you are working/learning on belongs to. You need to see the whole pciture, and be aware of what comes next and what has been covered already in the past. This will help you a lot to find the right answers in the exam, but also in daily work as a projectmanager.
7 years 6 months ago #8202

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Hazem,

I really don't think there is a preferred approach. I'd suggest studying it by knowledge areas first and then it certainly couldn't hurt to switch it up for a 2nd pass. It will probably give you different insights and perspectives that you wouldn't get otherwise. I read PMBOK 3 times completely and then target sections a 4th time. If I had to do it all over again I would have used PM PrepCast as well, as I'm sure it would have helped to further my understanding. Good luck!

Mark
7 years 6 months ago #8200

Hazem Ibrahim

to study for pmp exam, which is better studying by process groups or by knowledge areas? the PMBOK is going through the knowledge area and also all the study books an even Prepcast video are going the same way but the exam content outline is showing another methodology as it consider the process as the bases for the exam question, is it a good idea to study the 1st pass by knowledge areas and the second pass by processes groups?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login