fbpx

Reply: PDM Problem

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PDM Problem

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 7 months ago #7935

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Satya,

I have been looking at this a bit more and I think you are actually correct. Actiivity A has a duration of 10 days and we need to count 3 days "lag" beyond day 10 which takes us through day 13. We count back 9 days from that to determine when activity B started which would be at the beginning of day 5. Total duration for A and B would then be 13 days as you stated. I had to remember that for a FF+3 relationship means that activity B finishes 3 days after activity A. My apology for any confusion as earlier, I had put the lag from the start of activity B and it needs to be added to the finish of activity A.

Was there any kind of Gantt chart or network diagram shown with the answer?

Thanks,

Mark
7 years 7 months ago #7930

Satya Sitharam Nandiraju

Thanks Wuenscher

Source is Passionatepmp question pool.

If it is FF with 3 days lag means B has to finish 3 days after A finishes...Is my understanding correct? How could activity B associated with starting of Activity A as it's FF?
7 years 8 months ago #7924

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Satya,
When you post questions like this on the forum we ask that you please post the source of the question as well. Where did you find this question?
Thanks,
Mark

P.S. I agree with the 12 days answer. Process A starts on day 1 and ends on day 10. Process B starts on day 4 (3 day lag) and lasts for 9 days, ending on day 12. It is a FF relationship and the total duration is 12 days. I think that is correct.
7 years 8 months ago #7917

Satya Sitharam Nandiraju

Please answer the below question
1. Activity A has FF relation with Activity B. A has a duration of 10 days. B has a duration of 9 days with 3 days lag. What is the total duration of A & B?

My answer is 13 days..but author says 12 days

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login