fbpx

Reply: Query on Total Fee or Cost of procurement calculations

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Query on Total Fee or Cost of procurement calculations

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 8 months ago #7912

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Deborah,
Thanks for sharing your experience. The only formulas that I studied were those in the PM Formulas guide which does include the PTA formula. I also did not use Rita's guide but would do so if I were doing it over again as I can see it has been helpful to so many that have prepared for and taken the exam. I guess I just got lucky and didn't get any of these types of questions on my exam.
Mark
7 years 8 months ago #7907

Deborah Waitzman

Hi Mark - I have failed the exam twice, but do recall Fixed Fee problems. I have found the only source to be Rita, Eighth Edition, P. 479-482. I remember memorizing this the night before my last exam and putting it on the brain dump asap! It's interesting that the only formula circulating in most circles is PTA; only applicable to FPIF contracts. But the Fixed Fee and Cost Plus have two required calculations: Final Fee and Final Price. "Remember you may have to calculate both the final fee and the final price for the exam", P. 480 - RMC Publications, Rita Mulcahy PMP exam prep; Eighth edition.
7 years 8 months ago #7872

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Pramod,
I don't recall encountering any of those type questions in my studies or in the Exam Simulator. I think you mainly need to focus on understanding the different contract types and I think the questions you encounter for those will be situational. The only formulas you will need to know are those in the formula study guide.
Mark
7 years 8 months ago #7867

Pramod

's Avatar

I believe there could be a few questions related to total fee or total price calculation for CPIF or FPIF or CPPC contracts (this is apart from PTA calculation) . However, do not see those examples on the simulator nor on the formula study guide. Did not find anything specific about this topic on forums too.Please advise how best to prepare & answer such questions on the PMP exam?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login