fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: EMV

EMV 7 years 8 months ago #7852

• Warren Rutledge
  • Warren Rutledge's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I am having issues with EMV and would like to have to have additional practice questions. Does anyone know how I might obtain this?

Regards!

EMV 7 years 8 months ago #7854

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Warren,
The EMV questions in the exam simulator are great practice. If you can do well on those then you should not have any trouble with the EMV questions on the actual exam. I found the exam simulator EMV type questions to be very good preparation for, and generally much harder than, the actual exam.
Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator

EMV 7 years 8 months ago #7858

• Warren Rutledge
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Mark for your response.

I agree that the simulator has great questions yet how can I drill myself on just EMV questions until I'm comfortable? For me, calculations like this is something I have to do over and over again with different situations presented.

Regards

EMV 7 years 8 months ago #7860

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Warren,

I haven't found anything that just focuses on EMV questions alone. There are some pmp prep Ipad Apps that you could look into but I think your main focus should be on memorizing the formulas and then just concentrating on the practice exam questions. Also be sure to review the EMV questions that you get correct along with those you may miss. Most of the time when I missed an EMV question it was because I didn't read the question carefully enough before I just dove into a calculation. I strongly encourage you to carefully read the question through completely and look at the possible answers before you start trying to compute anything. Sometimes no computation is even necessary and the answers can provide clues as to which forumla(s) you might need to use.

If you can memorize all of the formulas and get 80% of the EMV questions correct on the simulated / practice exams you will be fine. The real exam is more heavily weighted to situational type questions. I only had maybe 5 or 6 EMV related questions on my actual exam and they were really easy relative to what I had prepared for. So easy to the point that I really didn't need my brain dump to refer to the formulas. For example, you may be given a value for CV and SV and then you are supposed to determine where the project is related to schedule and budget (e.g. ahead / behind or over / under).

If you have questions on any specific EMV questions please post them to the forum. Just be sure that you post the source of the question. Best of luck to you. You will do great!

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator

EMV 7 years 8 months ago #7874

• Warren Rutledge
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Mark.

EMV 7 years 8 months ago #7876

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Warren,

I must apologize that I have mistakenly been referring to Earned Value Management (EVM) questions and not Estimated Monetary Value (EMV) questions. I always get those two confused. I did not see any Estimated Monetary Value (EMV) questions on the real exam. I did have 5 or 6 fairly simple EVM questions on the exam. I too was often confused by the EMV questions and the PMBOK guide only has the one example. My earlier comments still hold though in that you should just focus on those that appear in the simulator and not get too concerned about it for the real exam. If you can understand the simulator EMV questions you will be fine. I would be very surprised if a real involved EMV question was on the real exam. I expected more involved EVM questions and was pleasantly surprised how easy mine were. The situational questions on the other hand were very difficult. Again, sorry for the confusion and if I misled you in any way.

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator

EMV 7 years 8 months ago #7878

• Warren Rutledge
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
OMG!! I did it again. The mistake was mine. I meant EVM!! LOL

Thanks fo being on the same wave length.

Regards

EMV 7 years 8 months ago #7879

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Warren,

Too funny! I always get the two mixed up. Too many similar acronyms and too many acronyms in general. Anyway, I think the thread covers both now. Ha ha.
Note that if you want any help on specific EVM or EMV questions, please post them to the forum. Just be sure to indicate where the question comes from.
Best of luck to you.

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator

EMV 7 years 8 months ago #7890

• Wasim Javed
  • Wasim Javed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Would you please send me a blank message on my given email ID, I would forward you a lot of EMV Practice questions?

Regards,

Wasim Javed

EMV 7 years 7 months ago #7933

• Warren Rutledge
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you so much. My email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Regards.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login