fbpx

Reply: Example of Work Authorization System

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Example of Work Authorization System

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 4 months ago #12358

Anonymous

's Avatar

- what Documents are needed to complete WAS?
7 years 9 months ago #7671

Harish Kapali

's Avatar

Thank you all, your inputs cleared by doubts on WOrk Authorization System
7 years 9 months ago #7668

Michael Sumaquial, PMP

I agree with Kim. She is spot on. You can use a tool like Microsoft Project and create the processes and procedures that complement the tool that you and your team will work with to achieve your objectives and deliverables.
7 years 9 months ago #7663

Kim Foord, PMP, PMI-ACP

Harish Kapali wrote: Hello,
Can someone give me areal example of a work authorization system. For example can SharePoint act as a work authorization system. I have a read a lot of content about this tool but I have never found a real example of this tool. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Hi Harish, A work authorization 'system' is inclusive of both the process/rules and a tool to enable/track work. Think of 'system' like an ecosystem, not just the tool itself, but also the rules and governance around the work. So in your example, Sharepoint could be configured to be a tool that receives requests, tracks them, notifies, but you'll also need the governance and rules that people follow to enable/keep work going/stop work, agreed to by stakeholders before the tool is in place. As for an intake/tracking tool - that could be a spreadsheet, Access DB, a PPM tool, Sharepoint, there are numerous options out there. Hope this helps.
7 years 9 months ago #7659

Harish Kapali

Hello,
Can someone give me areal example of a work authorization system. For example can SharePoint act as a work authorization system. I have a read a lot of content about this tool but I have never found a real example of this tool. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login