fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Application Project Descriptions.

Application Project Descriptions. 7 years 9 months ago #7613

• Stephen Simpson
  • Stephen Simpson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello.
I am about to send in my PMP application and I was wondering what is the best format for the project descriptions. And does it even matter. I am ready to submit my application with Format #1 prepared so I hope that is acceptable.

Format # 1 (example description)
Title: AAAA System – Migration to new owner
Objectives: Update software for new legislation, repackage to match stakeholder needs
Deliverables: Product install, options for repackaging software, government approvals
I was appointed project manager by sr. staff. Duties included determining scope, monitoring and ensuring quality, assuring government approvals were received, leading a team which created new packaging and deployment options, identification of associated risks.
Management selected appropriate packaging option. Deliverables were accepted by management when all tasks complete.

Format # 2 (example description)
Title: AAAA System – Migration to new owner
Objectives: Migrate data management system to new owner.
Deliverables: Updated software modules, deployment in new environment.
Initiation: Worked with sponsor and clients to identify all stakeholders and establish clear statement of work.
Planning: Worked with stakeholders to define requirements and develop detailed scope documents. Establish new project management and communications plans.
Executing: Managed team of software engineers and developers at three locations, ensuring software widgets were were delivered per requirements documents.
Monitor/Control: Managed seven change requests, with minimal impact to schedule or budget, monitored quality of software widgets and gadgets and controlled contractor and vendor spend rates.
Closing: Ensured all vendors were paid appropriately. Customer accepted all deliverables at closing

What do you think?
Stephen Simpson

Application Project Descriptions. 7 years 9 months ago #7645

• UMESH BAPAT
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Format #2 is the one to go for. I was been asked to resubmit with changed descriptions and ithey also suggested to use abbreviations wherever you can if you are going over word limits. So can use abbreviations as well, saves words for you!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login