fbpx

Reply: PMP Application with 200 Plus Projects Over Past Three Years - How Do I Condense this Information?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Application with 200 Plus Projects Over Past Three Years - How Do I Condense this Information?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 3 months ago #19221

Saad Rizwan

's Avatar

Hi Rahul,

I am kind of in a similar situation where I have working for a company that specializes in virtual events, I have been working as a Senior Project Manager for them for about 4 years now. During this time I have lead around 100-150 projects for 80+ clients that are mainly of the same nature, planning, setting up and executing a virtual event for the client (virtual job fair, virtual education fair, virtual benefits fair etc.),

Can you please tell me how to mention the experience as part of PMI application? I don't need to mention all the projects right?
4 years 4 months ago #19186

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hi Rahul,
i am also a Bid Manager and preparing my application for PMP
As for most of the project, after the award of order my job is more or less finished. how to mention experience in Initiation, Planning, Executing, Monitoring & control and Closing.
appreciate your reply on this.
4 years 6 months ago #18529

Kara

's Avatar

Hi Rahul,

I am a proposal writer/manager and am in an identical situation as you were. I have over 100 proposals with ~2-week cycles and I wanted to know if you could offer any specific details how you summarized your bids into one "project."

Thank you,
Kara
5 years 7 months ago #14917

Megan

's Avatar

Hi Rahul,

Could you give a little more info into how you listed these in your application? I know you summarized them, but did you just make one entry or did you make several? I am trying to decide how to list my PM experience. I managed translation projects - usually about 5-8 projects at a time, and each project lasted from 1 month to 6 months. I have also forgotten a lot of the details of these projects, so if I have to list all of the projects out, I'm a little concerned that I would not be able to do this accurately. Thank you.
7 years 10 months ago #7451

Rahul Kakkar

Hi Lee,

I understand your predicament because I was in a similar situation when I was applying for my PMP certification. I work as a bid manager, however my projects cycles are extremely short. As a result, I too landed up with a lot of projects within the stipulated time frame.

Now since the nature of the projects were similar, I simply gave a summary of what those projects involved including the total number. Additionally I also spoke about what I did in each of those projects, on a very high level, using PMBOK terminologies.

I wasn't audited and my application was accepted. Hope this helps. Let me know if you'd like any further information or assistance.
7 years 10 months ago #7450

Lee Oakley

I should have added that the approximate 300 projects is over a three year period. We run a large amount of project with shorter life cycles. Thank you for your time.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login