fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP Application with 200 Plus Projects Over Past Three Years - How Do I Condense this Information?

PMP Application with 200 Plus Projects Over Past Three Years - How Do I Condense this Information? 7 years 11 months ago #7446

• Lee Oakley
  • Lee Oakley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,
In my current position, I perform 100-150 general trades construction projects per year in the facility maintenance industry. How do I condense this information in the application where I don't have to list every project? It would literally be around 300 projects.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lee

PMP Application with 200 Plus Projects Over Past Three Years - How Do I Condense this Information? 7 years 11 months ago #7447

• Michael DeCicco
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
Lee, first and foremost, the application you submit doesn't require information solely from your job. Consider your social clubs or community groups that you belong to. Do you put together events or build things for these groups as a volunteer. Those are projects, too.

Now to your question, the criteria for the PMP application is 4,500 hours (36 months) with a bachelor's degree. So I recommend choosing separate and distinct projects going back three where you exemplified the five knowledge areas from the PMBOK. Of course you don't have to list all your projects. You might consider a scale to select from your choices, such as dollar value, length of time, depth of involvement.
Yours Respectfully
Michael DeCicco, PMP
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lee Oakley

PMP Application with 200 Plus Projects Over Past Three Years - How Do I Condense this Information? 7 years 11 months ago #7448

• Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL
  • Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL's Avatar
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Dear Sir,

I am wondering how you can be member of or manage 300 projects in a year. Does your company produce 300 new products or services per year? For your application kindly select key or major projects in which you have played an important role for the success. Kindly read again PMI requirements and confirm your project definition as stipulated in the PMBOK.

Best regards.

PMP Application with 200 Plus Projects Over Past Three Years - How Do I Condense this Information? 7 years 11 months ago #7449

• Lee Oakley
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question.

PMP Application with 200 Plus Projects Over Past Three Years - How Do I Condense this Information? 7 years 11 months ago #7450

• Lee Oakley
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I should have added that the approximate 300 projects is over a three year period. We run a large amount of project with shorter life cycles. Thank you for your time.

PMP Application with 200 Plus Projects Over Past Three Years - How Do I Condense this Information? 7 years 11 months ago #7451

• Rahul Kakkar
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 56
Hi Lee,

I understand your predicament because I was in a similar situation when I was applying for my PMP certification. I work as a bid manager, however my projects cycles are extremely short. As a result, I too landed up with a lot of projects within the stipulated time frame.

Now since the nature of the projects were similar, I simply gave a summary of what those projects involved including the total number. Additionally I also spoke about what I did in each of those projects, on a very high level, using PMBOK terminologies.

I wasn't audited and my application was accepted. Hope this helps. Let me know if you'd like any further information or assistance.
Rahul Kakkar, PMP, MBA
Community Moderator

How are we doing? Your opinion matters. To help us improve, please check out our survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/pmpexamforum
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lee Oakley
Last edit: by Rahul Kakkar.

PMP Application with 200 Plus Projects Over Past Three Years - How Do I Condense this Information? 5 years 7 months ago #14917

• Megan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Rahul,

Could you give a little more info into how you listed these in your application? I know you summarized them, but did you just make one entry or did you make several? I am trying to decide how to list my PM experience. I managed translation projects - usually about 5-8 projects at a time, and each project lasted from 1 month to 6 months. I have also forgotten a lot of the details of these projects, so if I have to list all of the projects out, I'm a little concerned that I would not be able to do this accurately. Thank you.

PMP Application with 200 Plus Projects Over Past Three Years - How Do I Condense this Information? 4 years 7 months ago #18529

• Kara
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Rahul,

I am a proposal writer/manager and am in an identical situation as you were. I have over 100 proposals with ~2-week cycles and I wanted to know if you could offer any specific details how you summarized your bids into one "project."

Thank you,
Kara

[email protected] 4 years 4 months ago #19186

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Rahul,
i am also a Bid Manager and preparing my application for PMP
As for most of the project, after the award of order my job is more or less finished. how to mention experience in Initiation, Planning, Executing, Monitoring & control and Closing.
appreciate your reply on this.

PMP Application with 200 Plus Projects Over Past Three Years - How Do I Condense this Information? 4 years 4 months ago #19221

• Saad Rizwan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Rahul,

I am kind of in a similar situation where I have working for a company that specializes in virtual events, I have been working as a Senior Project Manager for them for about 4 years now. During this time I have lead around 100-150 projects for 80+ clients that are mainly of the same nature, planning, setting up and executing a virtual event for the client (virtual job fair, virtual education fair, virtual benefits fair etc.),

Can you please tell me how to mention the experience as part of PMI application? I don't need to mention all the projects right?
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login