fbpx

Reply: How do I keep all of this in my head?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : How do I keep all of this in my head?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 10 months ago #7443

Amrita Rath

There's no ITTO questions on my exam today would require you to memorize the entire ITTOs.

If you know what a process is supposed to achieve then the answer will become easy to pick out from the multiple choices. Out of the answers you weed out some obvious wrong ones (e.g. Cost baseline is an obvious wrong output for "Identify Stakeholders") and the rest is easier.

My tips : Close your book and all mock test materials. For every process tell yourself "what is it supposed to do for your project." This will help you "own" the knowledge to help you process the exam question. Memorizing of ITTOs is great in storing bits only.

Hope this helps!
Anita
7 years 10 months ago #7442

Tracey South

Paul: Another trick I use is to 'teach' the subject. In other words pratice out loud to anyone that will listen. Pretend you are instructing someone else. Helps me alot.

Tracey
7 years 10 months ago #7441

Cornelius Fichtner

I agree with Yasir... many folks find a cheat sheet or brain dump helpful.

Check out this article here: www.project-management-prepcast.com/free...xam-brain-dump-sheet

And it's the act of creating the sheet itself that holds the key to memorizing things.
7 years 10 months ago #7439

Yasir Mehmood

I found that making a "cheat sheet" to refer back to was invaluable. I rewrote key concepts in my own words on paper which reinforced learning and rather than reading or flipping through an entire book (or multiple books) I had a few pages to glance over every once in a while to remember things. I also took pictures of my notes later so I could glance at them throughout the day.

Hope that helps.
7 years 10 months ago #7438

Jeremy Papp

I think everyone is different, but for myself it was most helpful to associate any subject matter I could with examples from my personal work/life experiences. Short of that, finding equivalent examples from others did the trick. That way, when you see a question or read through a topic you will be much more familiar with it and you brain will be able to grasp the content better. The prepcast itself, and reflecting on my experiences along the way was by far the most helpful for me.

There's a lot to be said about practice and repetition too. That said, I do not recommend memorizing the ITTO's...it's important to understand them but flat-out memorization is not worth the effort in my opinion.

I hope this helps.
7 years 10 months ago #7436

Paul

's Avatar

I know it sounds like a crazy question but my memory has diminished over the past decade. If I study a particular KA and then quiz on OSP's exam simulator I typically do well. What I am afraid of is that by the time I get to the HR knowledge area, for example, I start to struggle remembering things from Scope (like ITTO's). It's not that I don't know it, it's the recall.

Any suggestions? Do I keep reading, watching videos and taking quizzes to or is there a better way?

My application has been approved and I hope to test in June.
thanks,
Paul

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login