fbpx

Reply: Second Attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Second Attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 10 months ago #7364

Michael DeCicco

Michael, priority is confidence. Stay focused on your goal and you'll succeed.

What were your simulation exam scores? The gauge is about 80%, consistently. If you met that, I think we would all see that you have the knowledge and perhaps it was the last minute diversion from your gameplan. Personally, I took each question as it came because each question is independent. There might have been a few where they say use these two questions referring to some figure on the screen, but mostly independent. Thus, reading all the questions first would have wasted my time.

My advice, analyze your gameplan, practice it, and go in to the test with it. You'll succeed.
7 years 10 months ago #7362

Ahmed Amin

I Agree With Yasir's advise below, this will be very helpful. and below some more ideas:
1- Practice: you will need to practice more, and make sure to simulate the exam environment while practice. i.e. take full exam, plan your breaks, measure your pace, etc.
2- Take advantage of your failure, based on the exam report you now know what areas you need to focus on more.
3- Plan the next attempt and make it as soon as possible so that you make use of previous study time and avoid the risk of forgetting what you have already learnt.

Lastly, Good luck with your next attemp
7 years 10 months ago #7361

Yasir Mehmood

Hi Michael,

I can't speak to the difference in exams but there is a tip that might help with those long questions. Read the last sentence first as a lot of times you won't have to read the rest of the question at all for the answer. Other times at the very least it will help you understand what the ask is so you can read the question with an eye towards how to address the question specifically and filter through all the fluff.

Hope that helps, and good luck on your next try!
7 years 10 months ago #7360

Michael Thompson, PMP

I took my PMP exam today and failed with:
MP
BP
MP
MP
P

I read the "5 days to go" thread and must have had the same exact exam as bi_planet because 98% of my questions were situational (risk, procurement, and stakeholder) with less than 5 total EMV.
I took the advice that many have offered and took a quick pass over the exam answering the ones I could and then make a second pass.
This unfortunately resulted in having to guess on 20 or so questions before I ran out of time. It seemed like every question was 2 paragraphs long and I found it very difficult to manage that much reading in the 4 hours. If it wasn't for that, I felt I probably would have passed.

My question for those who have taken the exam twice, how big of a difference were the exams? I want to prepare the best I can and pass the second time.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login