fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Passed PMP - First attempt on 12th April 2016

Passed PMP - First attempt on 12th April 2016 8 years 5 days ago #7243

• Pankaj Trivedi
  • Pankaj Trivedi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Friends,
I have passed my PMP exam in first attempt on 12th April (yesterday) 2016. Just wanted to share my thoughts and preparation to help others :)

Total study period - 3 months. I started on January 3rd and gave my exam on 12th April.
Study material - PMBOK (I like it better than Rita's book). Rita's book ( it covers a lot of additional material which isn't part of PMBOK), Cornelius prepcasts (best videos for PMP).
Simulator exams - 6 out of 9 from the PM-Simulator. Scored - 73%,74.9%,78%,73%,84%,81%.
After 81% I was ready to give the exam.
On exam day - The questions were really and I mean really difficult. I wasn't expecting that level of difficulty. Halfway I had lost hope and just wanted to get done with the exam. I provided all answers based on logical reasoning.
At the end of the exam I got the result - Congratulations!! Passed exam with all Proficient :)

Good luck to other aspirants :)

-Pankaj

Passed PMP - First attempt on 12th April 2016 8 years 4 days ago #7249

• lloyd Madelo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Sir,

May i know where the exam was held?

thanks & congrats!

lloyd

Passed PMP - First attempt on 12th April 2016 8 years 4 days ago #7251

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
Congratulation Pankaj , and well done all Proficient PMP ;)
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pankaj Trivedi

Passed PMP - First attempt on 12th April 2016 8 years 4 days ago #7252

• Rahul Kakkar
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 56
Congratulations Pankaj! All Ps is a fantastic score B)

Pankaj Trivedi wrote: Friends,
I have passed my PMP exam in first attempt on 12th April (yesterday) 2016. Just wanted to share my thoughts and preparation to help others :)

Total study period - 3 months. I started on January 3rd and gave my exam on 12th April.
Study material - PMBOK (I like it better than Rita's book). Rita's book ( it covers a lot of additional material which isn't part of PMBOK), Cornelius prepcasts (best videos for PMP).
Simulator exams - 6 out of 9 from the PM-Simulator. Scored - 73%,74.9%,78%,73%,84%,81%.
After 81% I was ready to give the exam.
On exam day - The questions were really and I mean really difficult. I wasn't expecting that level of difficulty. Halfway I had lost hope and just wanted to get done with the exam. I provided all answers based on logical reasoning.
At the end of the exam I got the result - Congratulations!! Passed exam with all Proficient :)

Good luck to other aspirants :)

-Pankaj

Rahul Kakkar, PMP, MBA
Community Moderator

How are we doing? Your opinion matters. To help us improve, please check out our survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/pmpexamforum

Passed PMP - First attempt on 12th April 2016 8 years 3 days ago #7256

• Yasir Mehmood
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Congrats! Great feeling being able to put that PMP next to your name ;) Welcome to the club!
Yasir Mehmood, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CSP, CLP (LeSS), CSPO
Community Moderator

Passed PMP - First attempt on 12th April 2016 8 years 3 days ago #7262

• Tracey South
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Congrats! Your post is a good reminder to all candidates that the exam doesn't test what you can memorize, it tests how it all works together.

Enjoy your new designation.

Tracey
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login