fbpx

Reply: recommendations for PRICNE2 foundation / practicioner blended learning

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : recommendations for PRICNE2 foundation / practicioner blended learning

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 6 days ago #7168

Anonymous User GDPR DSAR #26

Dear Magroud and Jeremy,

thankyou for your annotations, especially to Jeremy. As I do want to have (and need to have) the knowledge for PRINCE2 methodology for my work, I have choosen to go into this certification.

I have already started now and am in the middle of this process of conducting all trainings by an online class with other students. I do like this concept very much, since you have the possibility at least to discuss topics with the others, because the trainer opens up the mics for everyone on demand.

In principle, I can definetely recommend the combination of PMP and PRINCE2 certification for project managers, as it also fits very well for me and the region I live in, with its requirements. PMP and PRINCE2 go very well hand in hand and are not competing with each other at all. To my mind, PRINCE2 enriches a PMP with a lot more in the tool box, that can be used and tailored to projects.

Since I did not get other recommendations and I haven't found other institutes, that offer this type of blended learning, I can recommend simplilearn, if the concept works for ones self. For me it is the perfect way of doing this beside my day to day work without spending a lot of money for on-site training. As for PMP I am taking this on my own, so it is perfect for me - not necessarily for others.

Of course, which certification is best, lies in the eye of the beholder and which learning institute and method as well. This simply reflects my experience and since I did not found many sources, that give feedback on this particular questions, I wanted to share this information with others.

Best regards,
Alex
8 years 2 weeks ago #7118

Magroud Noreddine

Dear Alex,

I' not an expert on prince2 but i remembered that as a pmp you meet some prerequisites to directly pass the practitionner one.

Check this link this is explained. I didn't take more time than that to check if this institute is an REP or the "real" institute providing the certification.

www.axelos.com/qualifications/prince2-qualifications

Cheers,

Noreddine.
8 years 2 weeks ago #7117

Jeremy Papp

Hi Alex,
It's great to hear that you've enjoyed the PM Prepcast. In my opinion, the Prepcast and Simulator material and format are geared towards one goal: passing the exam. The Prepcast helped me step through all of the required material while the Simulator helped me shore up weak areas and ultimately mimic the Exam itself.

I'm not very familiar with PRINCE2, but you may want to ask what yourself what you are looking to get out of the learning and certification. Do you need the certification for work? Do you simply want to add some practical knowledge? Or perhaps it's both along with more reasons? Knowing what you want to get out of the certification will help you choose which type of learning is best for you (and hopefully enjoy!).

For example, I have Certified Scrum Master and Certified Product Owner certification with the ScrumAlliance. This involved activity based workshops with a live instructor for each certification. And the former required a very simple and short multiple choice exam. Compared with the preparation and exam for PMP, it pales in comparison but the goal for myself and my team was to maximize learning through action, have team building, and set a baseline for knowledge through training. So in this case, we are less concerned with the actual certification as much as what we can take away to improve our team and ability to plan and execute.

I hope that helps!

Jeremy
8 years 2 weeks ago #7116

Anonymous User GDPR DSAR #26

Dear all,

I have enjoyed the quality of the PM prepcast on my journey to PMP very, very much. The team around Cornelius and he himself were very supportive in any manner and so I could pass the desired exam, not with ease, but with confidence ;) .

You're welcome to read my lessons learned here in the forum, if you are interested.

So the PM prepcast is my benchmark for my next steps as a project manager :woohoo: I want to achieve the PRINCE2 foundation and practitioner certification.

I kindly ask you about your recommendations or experiences with other institutes, that offer the way of learning as the PM prepcast does. Fourthermore I am very interested in joining virtual classes, what is called "blended learning" AFAIK. I already got first impressions from a popular training provider that offers PRINCE2 trainging besides many others, but I am not sure, if I can post a link here.

I hope, I am not interfering with this forum's policies and I would be very excited to read your comments.

All the best for your PM preparation, you have choosen the right trainer :-)

Cheers, Alex

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login