fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Passed PMP at first try

Passed PMP at first try 8 years 2 months ago #6931

• Amit Wajat
  • Amit Wajat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I Passed my PMP exam at fist try on 5th January 2016 with P in Close, BP in Execution and 3 MP

Knowing syllabus change from 11th January i had to give my best shot.

I planned my PMP exam preparation in August where i registered and purchased 35 PDU's from PM-Prepcast along with i got Podcast. Podcast were of great help to start my studies. This is how i planned my Exam prep.

I skimmed through PMBOK untill December following PM-Prepcast chapter by chapter. I took all the exams chapter wise.
In December i followed Rita Mulkays and this book recommended by my friend help me understand concepts in detail. I took the exams at the end of the chapter and studied the wrong answers from Rita Mulkay, PMBOK and PM-Prepcast. I got strong understanding on weak concepts for each chapter.

I took 10 days holidays before my exams as i planned Christmas and New year as my study holiday plans. I purchased PM-Simulator during this days and took 4 complete tests. Never scored above 75% and this made me nervous.

Last two days i planned to go through all the chapters from PMPBOK and covering all the topics which by far i reached to chapter 10 in PMBOK by this time i made sure i have covered all the key concepts, Formulas and ITTO's. I picked up process group where i scored less every time, starting with Closure which became my strong point and scored P and Execution which was my strong became weak scoring BP. But i knew i will survive execution if don't revise it in last two days.

Previous night before my exams, I could not sleep well as questions went flying through my eyes all night. I was up preparing until 12 am when i had to appear at 9 AM next day. That's why it is recommended not to study previous night before taking exams. I reached prometric before 30 mins did all the formalities and started my exams. Since i did not had good sleep it took long time for me to understand questions and answering them. It appeared as all the answers were correct and i had to pick the best one which i planned to pick from the correct two. I had to take break for 10 mins and found i was running 24 question behind the planned time for each question. I thought i am not going to clear this time but again focused to give the best what i had. Last 10 mins i had to answer 24 question and it went to last second when i clicked answers to the question i did not read.

Exam ended by itself for me and feedback page popped up and when i finished my feedback took couple of minutes for processing and when result popped up It was - "You passed". I felt so relaxed, relieved and accomplished. Though did not feel good about BP in execution.

I wish all the best to aspiring PMP's and never loose your Focus! You will be a PMP!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rahul Kakkar

Passed PMP at first try 8 years 2 months ago #6938

• Rahul Kakkar
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 56
Congratulations Amit! And thank you for posting your experience and methodology.
Rahul Kakkar, PMP, MBA
Community Moderator

How are we doing? Your opinion matters. To help us improve, please check out our survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/pmpexamforum

Passed PMP at first try 8 years 2 months ago #6943

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
Congratulations Amit! I am sure you had enough drama during the exam :)
good Luck and you can focus on the areas you scored less during your efforts to earn the PDUs.
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator

Passed PMP at first try 8 years 2 months ago #6966

• Aline Vida
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Congratulations!

Hello,

Did the calculator on the exam have these keys? I mean the one that is a part of the exam that you can use.

M+
M-
Mr

X to the y power
X to the 3 power

Passed PMP at first try 8 years 2 months ago #6970

• Amit Wajat
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Well the pro-metric had the physical calculators available and i was able to use them for my calculations. .

Also if you want to use following in the Windows calculator, you can do this by Selecting View -> Scientific and you have all the options:
X to the y power
X to the 3 power

Hope this helps

All the Best!

Passed PMP at first try 8 years 2 months ago #6973

• Aline Vida
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you. It does. Did the physical calculator have those keys?

Passed PMP at first try 8 years 2 months ago #6974

• Amit Wajat
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I don't think it has one!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login