fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Takes work but not impossible!

Takes work but not impossible! 8 years 3 months ago #6898

• Grant Binder
  • Grant Binder's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I can't really add much more than what other successful PMP students have said. I do know you cannot, without fail, try to shortcut learning what you need to know. I had to read the PMBOK book 4-5 times, I used Kim Heldman's study guide. I was glad to have found Cornelius's website and subscribed to his Precasts, Podcasts, eBooks and such. I had one on one tutoring with Dan Ryan for multiple sessions. All together these resources were a huge help! I had to study 3-4 hours a night and some on the weekends, as I've been out of school so long I had to relearn how to study again. I needed 4 months to prepare, used up all 4 hours to write it (most other students finished around the 31/2 hour mark), but felt a great sense of accomplishment when I read "Congratulations" on that computer screen. The ITTO's were the hardest for me but got the hang of understanding the concepts to determine what was needed and the typical patterns...a few good ITTO App's helped with that. Exam Central was a great website for practice questions. Believe in yourself and go for it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rahul Kakkar

Takes work but not impossible! 8 years 2 months ago #6930

• Chris Preziotti
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Congrats Grant! Seems like you prepared with a well thought-out plan: you knew what to study (the materials) and when you were going to study (the schedule).

Cheers!
Chris
Chris Preziotti, PMP
Community Moderator

Takes work but not impossible! 8 years 2 months ago #6933

• Tracey South
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Congrats!

Tracey
Community Moderator

Takes work but not impossible! 8 years 2 months ago #6939

• Rahul Kakkar
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 56
Congrats Grant!
Rahul Kakkar, PMP, MBA
Community Moderator

How are we doing? Your opinion matters. To help us improve, please check out our survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/pmpexamforum

Takes work but not impossible! 8 years 2 months ago #6940

• Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL
  • Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL's Avatar
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Congratulations.

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Good luck for your PM career.

Best regards

Takes work but not impossible! 8 years 2 months ago #6942

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
Congratulations Grant, I liked how much commitment and effort you have put to achieve your goal.
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login