fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PrepCast Simulator

PrepCast Simulator 8 years 2 months ago #6777

• Cecil D'Souza
  • Cecil D'Souza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
I started to try out the simulator and in comparison to most others, it is good. However, there are just too many ITTO questions about input, output that is totally unnecessary with regard to the exam. In fact, it is rather demoralizing while attempting the test in procurement to encounter so many ITTO questions. Most people who have recently passed the PMP exam have made it clear that memorizing the ITTO's is a waste of time because the number of questions are very negligible.

I would suggest to eliminate them or separate them into a category for ITTO so that people who are interested in having a go at them can do so individually. It would be good to add questions related to network diagrams and procurement calculations if and when there is an update.

PrepCast Simulator 8 years 2 months ago #6783

• Jonathan Emmons
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Hi Cecil -

Just my personal opinion, and others can of course feel free to disagree, but I think that getting quizzed on ITTOs is a good thing when you're prepping for the exam. You're correct that it's not a good use of time to memorize the tables, but it IS important to be able to recognize how the different processes connect to each other, especially when you're jumping from one process group to another. There are some subtle but important things to keep track of, and while you're not going to be asked to reproduce the entire list of ITTOs for the exam, you WILL need to be able to recognize them and understand how they all tie together. So I definitely wouldn't shy away from studying them, just don't worry too much about rote memorization, is all.

The simulator's ITTO questions are more direct and isolated than what I encountered on the exam, but I definitely felt that they helped me prepare for what I saw at the test center. Again, just my $0.02.
Jonathan Emmons, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login