fbpx

Reply: During which process are risk response plans implemented?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : During which process are risk response plans implemented?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 6 months ago #28315

Anonymous

's Avatar

I agree with Jay. I also train my managers to write PMP exams. I take up all the knowledge areas first and then come to Integration management. This way they are able to understand better. Also I do the Risk management as the last chapter.
8 years 2 months ago #6762

Jay Fitzgerald

I agree with Michael! Risk Response plans are implemented in Direct & Manage Project Work.

I also had trouble with this. When I took the PM PrepCast, I took Cornelius' advice and I skipped the lessons on the Integration knowledge area and studied all of the other knowledge areas first. Then I came back to Integration. This process helped me to understand how integration incorporates all of the knowledge areas into one cohesive whole. I will assume that PMI has Integration as the first knowledge area because it starts of talking about the first step to a project in establishing a project charter. However, I believe they should change this and have it as the last process right after stakeholders.
8 years 2 months ago #6755

Michael DeCicco

David, I understand where the confusion might lie.
First, let's establish a basis. The Risk Management Knowledge Area does not include any Executing Process Group activities. Review Table 3-1, 5th Edition, p. 61.
Second, now here you have the PMBOK telling us we should implement our risk response plan in the Monitor and Control Process. Okay, great, but how do you actually implement all those activities in the Executing Process Group without a Risk Management Knowledge task under that Process Group?
Third, the PMBOK answers that question by directing us to implement those risk response plan activities in the Direct and Manage Project Work task within the Project Integration Management knowledge area.

Does this answer your question?
8 years 2 months ago #6752

David Kornaros

The PMBOK guide reads (p349) "Control Risks is the process of implementing risk response plans..."
But it also reads (p 81) "Direct and Manage Project work activities include, but are not limited to... manage risks and implement risk response activities".

So which process implements risk responses? Control Risks or Direct and Manage Project work?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login