fbpx

Reply: ALREADY FAILED TWICE.... PLEASE HELP ME

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : ALREADY FAILED TWICE.... PLEASE HELP ME

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 2 months ago #6884

Ahmed Amin

8 years 2 months ago #6823

Muhammad Zeeshan

Dear Cornelius
Few days ago i had posted an article of same nature "how i passed PMP" A guide to those who failed PMP more than once
The guide could have helped an individual like this, as i had similar experience. However it is with great regret that you guys didn't consider posting my article. Would you please care to explain why?
8 years 2 months ago #6785

Jonathan Emmons

I may be responding too late to make a difference given the timing, but I would encourage you to take a deep breath and consider whether pushing your next attempt out a few months might be the better option. As others have pointed out it is certainly possible to see improvements in a short amount of time if you go about things the right way, but given that your scores are pretty consistently on the bubble between passing and failing and you weren't able to see a big improvement between your first two attempts, I don't know that it is realistic to expect a big jump with only a couple of weeks to prepare.

As they taught us when I was in the Army, "slow is smooth, and smooth is fast." In other words, sometimes taking the time to slow down and go about things the right way will get you to the desired goal faster than rushing through the process. Yes, delaying the exam means that you'll have some work to do to adapt to the new content, but accepting that will also take the pressure off of you to quickly cram for the old exam. That pressure isn't likely to help your performance, whereas taking the exam two or three months from now under more relaxed conditions (and with plenty of time to identify and work on your weaker areas) could make a big difference.

Obviously there are a number of other factors for you to consider, and you'll need to make the decision that makes the most sense for you. My best advice is to ask yourself whether the pressure you'd be putting on yourself to take the "old" exam is worthwhile, or whether you'd simply be running an unnecessary risk of rushing to failure.
8 years 2 months ago #6761

Tracey South

Bright:

Don't give up! Can you share with us what your study plan was and how you prepared for your exams? We may be able to offer tips and techniques that will assist you with your next attempt. Also, consider reading through the Lessons Learned board to review how others have prepared for their exam. You may get a few tips in there that can make the difference.

Tracey
8 years 2 months ago #6746

Cornelius Fichtner

Bright,

First of all I'm sorry to hear that you failed twice. That is not just unfortunate but also very frustrating. But I promise you that it can be done!

Whether or not you should try and retake the exam before the January 11 change depends on many factors -- your current motivation, if you have a plan to "recover" and pick up your studies, how much time is left in your one-year eligibility, and if you think that you can study and improve your practice scores in the coming two weeks. Also there is the question of whether or not you can actually find another open seat. Many people are "cramming" right now to get it done -- so there is a rush.

In the end, the decision must come from within you. We can only guide.

Here are a two articles for you read:
  1. www.project-management-prepcast.com/free...-failed-the-pmp-exam
  2. www.project-management-prepcast.com/free...-fail-pmp-exam-twice

I have also done an interview with Kevin Reilly in which we talk about six reasons for failure. The interview is here www.project-management-podcast.com/index...pmp-exam-three-times and you can listen to it for free. It may give you some additional topics to think about and decide.
8 years 2 months ago #6745

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL's Avatar

Hi Bright,

Sorry for this misfortune.

First, I believe you should have improved your score. Between 80-90% for New Questions. The first test would have given you the opportunity to correct your areas of weaknesses (PG, KA, flow of processes, ITTOS, estimating tools, quality tools, EVM). You have about 25 points to earn if you master calculations (understanding of the situation and application of the correct formula and right interpretation of the result). Also request for coaching from Cornelius for example.

Secondly your question if you should retake the exam before the change? For me Jan11, is very close and I do not you will be able to gather again your energy and concentration for the exam after this sad period. Kindly, take a deep breath and rest enough before you start your study again.

Hope my contribution will help you to decide and achieve your objective to be a PMP.

Best regards.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login