fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: What happens if Application 90 day window expires ?

What happens if Application 90 day window expires ? 8 years 3 months ago #6720

• Gary Y
  • Gary Y's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,
I initiated the PMP application on PMI web about 65 days ago but got personal attention diverted until realizing 90 day expiration is approaching. What happens if it expires before I can fulfill the application requirements ? Will I be able to start a new application ? Will it keep a disadvantageous record to me ?
Please advise. Thank you very much
Gary

What happens if Application 90 day window expires ? 8 years 3 months ago #6732

• Tracey South
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Hi: You should be able to re-open your application. You will probably see this message:

"We have closed this application due to inactivity. However, if you would like, you may re-open it and begin working on it again. "

Tracey
Community Moderator

What happens if Application 90 day window expires ? 8 years 3 months ago #6733

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
Hi Gary,
as Tracy said, you will be able to continue working on your application and this doesn't keep any disadvantageous records on you.

let's know if you need any advise during planning your study or if you have any questions, we will be glad to help.

wish you the best of Luck.
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator

What happens if Application 90 day window expires ? 8 years 3 months ago #6737

• Gary Y
  • Gary Y's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you Tracey and Ahmed for your responses. That sounds good.
Gary

What happens if Application 90 day window expires ? 6 years 10 months ago #10722

• christine
  • christine's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
HI there,
I'm trying to update my application but can only put in my new job position title. I am unable to update my hours per Group and write a description on what I actually did. Is this normal?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

thanks.
Christine

What happens if Application 90 day window expires ? 6 years 10 months ago #10723

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Christine,

Since you are having problems with the www.pmi.org website it would probably be better if you contacted This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. directly. Send them as much information as possible. Maybe include a screen shot in your email as well.

In that way you can get support 'straight from the horses mouth' because everyone in our forum can only guess how to help you...
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

What happens if Application 90 day window expires ? 6 years 1 month ago #13184

• Ash Sharma
  • Ash Sharma's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi
Is the policy still the same I have been unable to focus and complete my application (due to work and illness) and I have just had an email from PMI saying i Have 5 days left to conplete, when the time expires can I re-open my previously started application and the 90 day ticker starts again?

Thanks

Ash

What happens if Application 90 day window expires ? 6 years 1 month ago #13333

• Steven Mudrinich, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Ash,

If your application window expires, you simply have to restart the application from previous work. It's a good idea to save your progress as you go along as going through the application can be tedious.

- Steven
Last edit: by Steven Mudrinich, PMP.

What happens if Application 90 day window expires ? 4 years 4 months ago #18963

• Tongtong
  • Tongtong's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I am afraid I will not be able to finish my PMP certification application within 90 day window. Can I just restart the application? Will it bring any negative impact for the application afterwards? Thanks a lot!

What happens if Application 90 day window expires ? 4 years 4 months ago #18967

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Tongtong - the question has been answered in posts above. I do not believe there will be a negative impact on your application review, but it will cost you the time that you spent in preparing what you do have online.
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

What happens if Application 90 day window expires ? 4 years 4 months ago #18968

• Lisa Sweeney PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 52
Hi Tongtong,

Submitting the PMP application is a project in itself!

Here's one more tip from Cornelius:
“You should also download a copy of your application for your own records. It can be helpful to have a copy if you are audited or if you need to refer back to it in the future.”

If you haven’t passed the 90-day window yet, see the link towards the end of the application in the “Review and Submit” tab, “Download your most recent application”. You can download your application both before and after submitting it. I did that several times.

If you download your latest version, you’ll have a pdf of the application that includes all the text you’ve input thus far. That might mitigate the 90-day deadline issue.

Tonight I downloaded mine one more time to test the theory. To my surprise, PMI's new logo now appears at the top of my application, replacing the old, solid blue one that was there when it was submitted.

I wish you PMP® success, Tongtong!
Attachments:

What happens if Application 90 day window expires ? 4 years 4 months ago #19016

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you so much!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login