fbpx

Reply: PMI not counting my PM Experience - Not Sure why

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMI not counting my PM Experience - Not Sure why

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 9 months ago #21777

Harry Elston

Aditi:

There are two criteria that must be met. The first being all experience must be within the last 8 years. I suspect that the online application form takes care of that part. The criterion that folks get tripped up on is on review, PMI will discount the claim if it is not written in a very concise format that demonstrates what you've done in terms of the management groups (Initiating, Planning, Management and Control, etc.)

If you have a question as to "why" part of your experience wasn't counted, ask PMI. While a bit slow on their customer service (magnified by the COVID-19 crisis this year), they are very helpful with respect to reviewing your application for completeness.

Best of luck!

Harry
3 years 9 months ago #21752

Aditi Bhonsale

's Avatar

did you get the solution for that.. I am experiencing the same issue. All my work experiences are within 8 years
8 years 4 months ago #6477

Timothy Cheng

Thanks Tracey. That sounds like it. Fortunately, I have projects within the last 8 years I can also refer to.
8 years 4 months ago #6468

Tracey South

Hi Timothy: if you refer to the PMP Handbook, page 6, it states:

"All project management experience must have been accrued within the last eight
consecutive years prior to your application submission."

I suspect that is what may be happening.

Tracey
8 years 4 months ago #6467

Timothy Cheng

I have been adding my PM Experience to my PMP application through the PMI Website. I have entered in 5,083 hours so far. However PMI is only counting 3987 of them as "qualified." (please see image below) I don't understand why. Some of these projects overlap, but that doesn't seem to explain this. It seems to be taking out (unqualifying) my oldest experience as I enter in newer experience. I entered in all the relevant information (i.e. contacts to verify, time involved, organization, project description, etc...)

Anyone have an idea to what is going on? What could I possible do to address?

Thanks.

Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login