Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question PMI not counting my PM Experience - Not Sure why

PMI not counting my PM Experience - Not Sure why 2 years 1 month ago #6467

• Timothy Cheng
  • Timothy Cheng's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have been adding my PM Experience to my PMP application through the PMI Website. I have entered in 5,083 hours so far. However PMI is only counting 3987 of them as "qualified." (please see image below) I don't understand why. Some of these projects overlap, but that doesn't seem to explain this. It seems to be taking out (unqualifying) my oldest experience as I enter in newer experience. I entered in all the relevant information (i.e. contacts to verify, time involved, organization, project description, etc...)

Anyone have an idea to what is going on? What could I possible do to address?

Thanks.

Attachments:

PMI not counting my PM Experience - Not Sure why 2 years 1 month ago #6468

• Tracey South
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Hi Timothy: if you refer to the PMP Handbook, page 6, it states:

"All project management experience must have been accrued within the last eight
consecutive years prior to your application submission."

I suspect that is what may be happening.

Tracey
The following user(s) said Thank You: Todd Hammer, Timothy Cheng
Community Moderator

PMI not counting my PM Experience - Not Sure why 2 years 1 month ago #6477

• Timothy Cheng
  • Timothy Cheng's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Tracey. That sounds like it. Fortunately, I have projects within the last 8 years I can also refer to.
  • Page:
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasAhmed AminScott GillardMary Kathrine PaduaERIC BARTLETTGail FreedmanKevin NasonSteven Mudrinich, PMPMark Wuenscher, PMPJohn WolvertonTracy Shagnea, PMPJada Garrett

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Boost Your PMP Exam Prep in Only Six Hours! Join the Live PMP Coaching Class on Dec 02/03 or 16/17 for just $79. Learn More...
The PMP Exam is Changing in 2018
Simona and Cornelius
Free Interview - Listen Now

This interview with Simona Fallavollita (LinkedIn Profile) was recorded at the magnificient Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Conference 2017 in Chicago, Illinois. We discuss the how, what, why and when of the changes that are coming to the PMP exam.

Thank you!
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM