fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Questions About the Prepcast Final Exam

Questions About the Prepcast Final Exam 8 years 5 months ago #6440

• Timothy Cheng
  • Timothy Cheng's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I hoped to ask a few questions about the Prepcast final exam:

1) How many times can take one take this test?
2) What's the required % to pass
3) Do I need to go through every single lesson in entirety before taking the exam?

I ask because I'm going through the classes now in detail (taking notes etc) and it's taking me a bit of time. I also know i should probably sign up for the test relatively soon, especially with the change in test (Jan 11, 2016).

So, I was thinking to see how difficult it is to pass the test, get my PDU"s so I can get authorization and sign up for the test. Then review in more detail.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Tim

Questions About the Prepcast Final Exam 8 years 5 months ago #6443

• Jonathan Emmons
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
I believe all of these questions are answered in one of the introductory lessons, so please check there in case I'm wrong, but as I recall ...

1) You can take the PrepCast final exam as many times as you need to in order to pass it,
2) You have to get 17 out of 25 questions correct, and
3) You need to complete 35 hours' worth of lessons (there are more than 35 hours included in the PrepCast lessons).

It's not particularly difficult if you have taken all or most of the lessons, so I would recommend taking it as soon as you hit your 35 hour mark. Worst case, if you don't pass the first time, you can take a few more lessons and try again. But yes, you'll definitely want to knock out that requirement as early as you can and get your exam application submitted ASAP if you are looking to take the PMP exam before the cutover date.
Jonathan Emmons, PMP
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Timothy Cheng

Questions About the Prepcast Final Exam 8 years 5 months ago #6444

• Tracey South
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Hi Tim.

This link might help: www.project-management-prepcast.com/pmp-...-prepcast-final-exam

You can take the exam multiple times. You need to wait at least two weeks to take the exam. I don't think you need to go through ask the lessons before taking the exam but try to put in at least 35 hours of prep since that is what you are getting credit for.

If I remember correctly, 17 out of 25 was a pass. Others can jump in to correct me if necessary.

Good luck.
Tracey
Community Moderator
Last edit: by Tracey South. Reason: Update pass fact

Questions About the Prepcast Final Exam 8 years 5 months ago #6448

• Timothy Cheng
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Tracy,

You mentioned you can take the exam "multiple" times if you don't pass the first time in addition the Prepcast websites says "several" times. Does this several/multiple times have a limit (i.e. 7) or is there no limit?

Thanks.

Questions About the Prepcast Final Exam 8 years 5 months ago #6449

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 605
Tim -- there is no limit.
But trust me... it's really not that difficult. Most pass on the first attempt.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Questions About the Prepcast Final Exam 8 years 5 months ago #6451

• Timothy Cheng
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Cornelius.

Questions About the Prepcast Final Exam 8 years 5 months ago #6478

• Timothy Cheng
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Cornelius/Tracey,

Not to beat a dead horse (but I may be doing it ;) ). Following up on the above question. I took and passed the Prepcast test (23/25 – yeah!). So I’m able to apply for test authorization. However, to be candid, I have only finished a portion of the 35 hours.

-At the behest of Cornelius’ videos and advice from others, I’m watching a section of prepcast video 1 day, then reading a study guide “How to Pass on First Try” the second day. As you can imagine this is slow going. According to my study plan, I won’t be finished until later Dec.

- Cornelius (videos) and other also recommend signing up for test ASAP. 1) Helps with motivation 2) Good to “fast-track” while studying 3) Since Jan 11th rolling around, be good to save a spot first. So, I’d like to apply around now.

- However, I also want to model good integrity. I know getting certified 35 hours through exam is a mandatory dependency of getting authorization. Is watching the 35 hours a mandatory (moral) dependency of getting the 35 hour exam certification? Let me be clear, I WILL watch all 35 hours, it will just take some time.

Hope this makes sense. It’s a strange question I know. I want to get authorization so I can schedule my test ASAP, but also want to do the right thing. My feeling is that if I passed the test and do plan to watch all 35 hours, it should be a moot point. But wanted to check with the experts.

Thank you!

Questions About the Prepcast Final Exam 8 years 5 months ago #6479

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 605
Hello Timothy,

Don't worry... the horse is still alive and kicking. The question you're asking is not an unusual one. Here are my thoughts.

First of all, KUDOS for being ethical and honest. It is refreshing to see that there are project managers out there who are indeed taking the code of ethics and "doing the right thing" seriously. Bravo.

Second, I have changed my recommendation about the "early application" slightly over the past few years. Originally my recommendation was "apply as soon as possible", but now the recommendation is "apply as soon as you meet all the PMI mandated eligibility requirements".

This is not just a small but important difference, but it is also the answer to your question: You should not submit your PMP exam application before you meet all the requirements. Period.

My recommendation for you at this time is therefore as follows
  • If you haven't done so yet, start the online application process today. You can fill in the application without sending it off.
  • Speed up watching the training lessons so you can get to your 35 hours quickly. For example, you can watch all the knowledge area overview lessons (those ending in .00), and go through all the lessons in module 50, 60 and 80. If you need more hours, then include Module 70 as well.
  • And as soon as you meet all the eligibility requirements you can click "send" on the application form.
In that way you are both doing the right thing and you increase your overall knowledge for the exam.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Last edit: by Cornelius Fichtner.

Questions About the Prepcast Final Exam 8 years 5 months ago #6506

• Timothy Cheng
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Cornelius. Appreciate your thoughts and help!

Questions About the Prepcast Final Exam 6 years 1 month ago #13312

• Deepak Dahiwal
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Cornelius

Please let me know if i can submit PMP exam application before taking final exam which award me 35 hours training certificate. I want to take exam before cut off. PMI will take 5 working days to assess the application and by that time i pass the exam.

Thanks
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login