fbpx

Reply: Bidder Conference

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Bidder Conference

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 7 months ago #18118

nicole dallon

's Avatar

I agree that this is very confusing. I know the process everyone is including in their answers from hands on experience but the way the Plan Procurement section is written is very confusing. i have the Velocitech book. i would answer these questions incorrectly trying to follow the prep materials.

- seller proposal are inputs to Conduct Procurement and a bidder conference is a tool to get to the contract. misleading
- independent estimates are outputs of Plan Procurement Management but used after the seller proposals are received. again misleading.
8 years 7 months ago #6062

Todd Hammer

's Avatar

It helps to sit back and look at the whole picture too, putting yourself in other people's shoes. If you are the vender that is to bid on the project, you might have questions in order for you to create an accurate estimate. These answers are given in the bidder conference, BEFORE you give the quote.
8 years 7 months ago #6057

Puneet Singh

Hi Narayan,

Just on your Point 2:
  • Send Procurement Documents
  • Complete bidder conference
  • Receive response from seller (Seller Proposals)
  • Analyze seller proposals using Proposal Evaluation Techniques( Derived from Source Selection criteria)
  • Use Independent Estimates if needed
  • Arrange for Negotiations
  • Award Contract
8 years 7 months ago #6056

Narayan

's Avatar

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs. Take away is 2 important points for me.

1. RFP will cover the meeting information.
2. Only after the meeting, procurement documents will be sent out to prospective sellers.

Regards
Narayan
8 years 7 months ago #6044

Ahmed Amin

Hello Narayan,

below is the definition from the PMBOK guide. think of it as a clarification session so that sellers can understand what is required and they can submit their proposals to match the requirements. so it has to done before the submittal of proposals.

"12.2.2.1 Bidder Conferences
Bidder conferences (sometimes called contractor conferences, vendor conferences, and pre-bid conferences)
are meetings between the buyer and all prospective sellers prior to submittal of a bid or proposal. They are used
to ensure that all prospective sellers have a clear and common understanding of the procurement requirements),
and that no bidders receive preferential treatment."
8 years 7 months ago #6043

Rahul Kakkar

In addition to what Puneet said, project management bidders conferences are part of the process of selecting vendors provide goods or services to the project. The request for proposal (RFP) that is sent out to potential sellers/ vendors contains information about a meeting to be held prior to the submission of the seller bid/proposal.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login