fbpx

Reply: Best answer for the question

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Best answer for the question

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 7 months ago #6001

Puneet Singh

Think of this request where a stakeholder has submitted a change request to purchase safety equipment for your workers. That change will only affect Cost Baseline.
8 years 7 months ago #5996

Nishant Desai

Hi,

I found this question in book called "Head First PMP". It was under section of sample exercise in Cost Management knowledge area.

Thanks.
8 years 7 months ago #5995

Cornelius Fichtner

Nishant -- can you please also tell us where you found this question, so as to give credit to the original question creator?
8 years 7 months ago #5994

Dawn Upperman

Hi Nishant, I agree with Tracey, the budget would be impacted for sure.
8 years 7 months ago #5991

Tracey South

Hi ND:

For questions like these, I would approach this by working with the facts. We can't assume that the change will affect scope or schedule. Since we only know that the budget will be affected, the cost baseline needs to be updated. Answer B.

An example of this may be that a contractor's renewal included a rate increase. Nothing changes in terms of scope or timing. Just the budget is impacted.

Tracey
8 years 7 months ago #5989

Nishant Desai

Hi all,

Can you guide me deciding best answer for below question?

PM is managing software development project where one of stakeholder needs to make change that will affect the budget. PM follows the procedure to implement the change. Which of the following must get updated to reflect the change?

A. Project Management Plan
B. Project Cost Baseline
C. Cost Change control system
D. Project performance reviews

I chose option A as BEST answer, thinking that the change approved will change Scope baseline, schedule baseline and of course cost baseline as budget is affected too. Also other subsidiary plans of Project Management plan also need to be updated, such Risk Management plan, Quality Management plan etc. As all of these are part of Project Management Plan, I chose Answer A.

But the simulator gave Answer B as correct answer.

Can you please give your thoughts?

Thanks,
ND

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login